A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:23:19 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods  (Read 23006 times)
MichaelC
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 06:18:19 pm »

Whole Foods to acquire Wild Oats.

Marketwatch

"Whole Foods said it expects to make significant investments in remodeling stores before eventually re-branding them as Whole Foods Market stores."

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007, 07:50:05 am »

For everyone who said Whole Foods was coming to Tulsa, you just earned a gold star.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 08:40:31 am »

I am sorry to see yet another chain gobbled up by Whole Foods.  When they took over Fresh Fields in Virginia, the quality went down.  I hope that doesn't happen with Wild Oats.  Anyway, I will be glad when the Farmer's Market opens again and I can get local & organic  (Three Springs is my favorite).

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 08:58:10 am »

Three Springs is great, I agree. I worked with Emily when she was a high schooler, watching her organize the city youth into environmentalists a decade ago. We wouldn't have so much going on here without people like her.

I also think that buying locally grown, direct from the farm is always the best choice.

Whole Foods is an interesting chain. I hope they see potential in this market and open a few more locations in the metro area. The interest in organic and healthier eating is not going away. I predict that every grocery will expand their organic choices.

Wal-Mart is now the leading purchaser of organic cotton clothing in the world. It is predicted that they will become the largest purchaser of organic produce in the world this spring.

How do retailers stay competitive when a gorilla like Wal-Mart decides to go after their market niche? They consolidate.

Stay tuned.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 11:16:36 am »

neener neener neener.

Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2007, 04:21:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Three Springs is great, I agree. I worked with Emily when she was a high schooler, watching her organize the city youth into environmentalists a decade ago. We wouldn't have so much going on here without people like her.

I also think that buying locally grown, direct from the farm is always the best choice.

Whole Foods is an interesting chain. I hope they see potential in this market and open a few more locations in the metro area. The interest in organic and healthier eating is not going away. I predict that every grocery will expand their organic choices.

Wal-Mart is now the leading purchaser of organic cotton clothing in the world. It is predicted that they will become the largest purchaser of organic produce in the world this spring.

How do retailers stay competitive when a gorilla like Wal-Mart decides to go after their market niche? They consolidate.

Stay tuned.

Whole Foods is buying Wild Oats.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2007, 06:31:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

Whole Foods is buying Wild Oats.

Yeah, see like 5 posts above this one.. from 4 days ago...

[Cheesy]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2007, 07:23:47 pm »

I heard that Whole Foods is buying Wild Oats.

Power is nothing till you use it.
waterboy
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007, 07:27:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

I heard that Whole Foods is buying Wild Oats.

Isn't Disneyland buying Turley?
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 08:43:15 pm »

D'oh.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
hoodlum
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 07:36:09 pm »

The wild oats store in Tulsa was the chain's highest grossing store.

The only reason i know this is that our firm does work with grocery stores, including the wild oats here in town.

in my experience Whole Foods is a bigger and better version of wild oats. the ones in Denver, Kansas City and Austin are incredible.
buzz words
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2008, 08:44:21 am »

Wow?
Composer
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2008, 09:59:42 am »

Whole Foods is really big up here in Boston, MA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org