A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:03 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban Wildlife  (Read 44168 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2010, 03:53:48 pm »

Casually roaming the neighborhood a little after noon Feb 28, last seen eastbound towards the BA with a little child in it's mouth.
OK, I made up part of that...
...but Id like to rent this guy to run off the racoons that keep sneaking into the attic.

* 201002281230fox.JPG (248.22 KB - downloaded 509 times.)

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2010, 11:20:46 am »

Nice photo, I see them from time to time when I take walks at night.  I haven't caught one sight of one during the day yet..   

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:25 pm »

Casually roaming the neighborhood a little after noon Feb 28, last seen eastbound towards the BA with a little child in it's mouth.
OK, I made up part of that...
...but Id like to rent this guy to run off the racoons that keep sneaking into the attic.

If you're getting raccoons in the attic, you need to call The Skunk Whisperer PRONTO!!! Like before they start having babies up there! http://www.totalwildlifecontrol.com/ -- Tell them I sent you. Ned's a really good guy and he won't hurt the animals. He's all about exclusion and making your home unattractive to wildlife.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2018, 10:31:00 pm »

Sonic the Fox, who was living behind the Sonic Drive-in at 15th & Lewis, was trapped and sent to Wild Heart Ranch to have a bad case of mange treated.  Im actually sort of hoping they bring him back to the neighborhood as we've gotten used to having him around (and catching rats and mice).

https://www.facebook.com/WildHeartRanch/videos/968481666670446/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 11:43:26 am »

Sonic the Fox, who was living behind the Sonic Drive-in at 15th & Lewis, was trapped and sent to Wild Heart Ranch to have a bad case of mange treated.  Im actually sort of hoping they bring him back to the neighborhood as we've gotten used to having him around (and catching rats and mice).

We have a couple of raccoons, and one old cranky possum in the neighborhood.  Always fun to see them.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2018, 11:01:15 am »

If you're getting raccoons in the attic, you need to call The Skunk Whisperer PRONTO!!! Like before they start having babies up there! http://www.totalwildlifecontrol.com/ -- Tell them I sent you. Ned's a really good guy and he won't hurt the animals. He's all about exclusion and making your home unattractive to wildlife.

I wondered whatever happened to that dude when the TV show didn't happen.  He moved to Florida...guess there's more critters
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2018, 12:08:52 pm »

I wondered whatever happened to that dude when the TV show didn't happen.  He moved to Florida...guess there's more critters
Yes, he got divorced, sold all his belongings and move to an island in Florida. He's very happy in his new life.

Edited to add: The TV show *did* happen but it was not what Ned wanted. Animal Planet hired some buffoon to play the part of an employee and damaged Ned's reputation. It was pretty bad.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:11:05 pm by AngieB » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2018, 02:20:40 pm »

You should see all the wildlife in our backyard, there's a large arroyo behind us.  We have a playful fox family which is always good for a laugh when they come trotting by.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2018, 04:31:53 pm »

I wondered whatever happened to that dude when the TV show didn't happen.  He moved to Florida...guess there's more critters

https://totalwildlifecontrol.com/about-us/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org