A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:25:39 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is "State of Oklahoma Transportation Enforcem  (Read 2410 times)
inteller
« on: December 13, 2006, 04:45:55 pm »

ent"?

I passed one of these vehicles on 169 going XX and after a while this car caught up to be and passed just as I was exiting.  I was able to make out State of Oklahoma transportation enforcement and I was like "hi who/what are you"?   Are these those civilian lackies that I hear about that they give cars to and put them out on the roads to "calm" traffic?

ive never seen a car with those markings before and I was wondering if it was some fake who bought a used cop car.
mspivey
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 08:33:39 am »

Not much info there. What kind of markings? Was it a black and white? Just a white sedan with a sign on the side? Did it have the red lights on the front side of the mirrors?
snopes
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:46:58 pm »

Ha! Sounds like Jay Santos, the "Citizens Auxilliary Police" character that Phil Hendrie does on his show.

http://www.philhendrieshow.com/Radio/Guests.aspx?action=view&id=27&name=Jay+Santos
shadows
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 03:55:25 pm »

No, it was possibly another trust or division created by the bureaucracy under our ever expanding spoils system.   When we establish the governing of ourselves by elected representatives to meet for a short period each spring, who turned it into a full time job setting their own salaries, surely you expect to furnish them transportationt to their spoilers.

We have just voted to build more school building to turn out young persons,who if operating a computer-cash-register, when PSO goes down, cannot accept payment for your purchases because they cannot count change.  As I was told it took a lot of effort to keep taxes low (45th nationally) but we will catch up.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Goodpasture
Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 09:13:59 am »

The Oklahoma Department of Transportation is headed by the Secretary of Transportation, charged with providing a safe, economical, and effective transportation network for the people, commerce and communities of Oklahoma, oversees the Oklahoma Transportation Authority and all Ports Authorities within the state. The Oklahoma Transportation Enforcement Division deals with the commercial vehicles that transport goods throughout Oklahoma and through Oklahoma. They don't do the traffic control thing like troopers or county cops. They verify truckers logs, check trucks (and barges) for safety violations, and do those things that the normal cop is not equipped for or experienced at.

When Integrity Matters
www.oakcrestappraisal.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org