A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:33:14 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fantastic Tulsa Films"  (Read 5386 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: December 06, 2006, 04:58:21 pm »

Did anybody catch this when it aired on TV recently.  (Interesting stories and scenes of Tulsa's past.)  I heard it was terrific.  Here's a link that includes some clips.
http://www.tulsafilms.com/video_gallery.php
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:02:07 pm »

I saw some of it when they replayed it on KOTV, but I believe the one on PBS was longer.  I uunderstand you can buy the dvd now.  Great Christmas idea.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:00:02 pm »

I think I saw that on OETA Sunday night....It was great....

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 07:26:05 pm »

I've seen it twice so far and I sent a note to Santa that I wanted it in my stocking.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AMP
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:49:54 pm »

Watching Tulsa Fantastic Films Sunday night, which was a valuable educational tool to test the accuracy of politics. Just wish they would of had comments on the Turner Turnpike being paid off in X number of years. LOL

Common thread during the entire showing of films taken in Tulsa, was that was torn down, that no longer exists, that was demolished, the parades no longer are held. No Longer seemed to be used dozens of times in the film. And at one time he even said, we could go on for hours showing things in Tulsa that no longer are here. Now that is totally sad.

Among his wonderful collection of home movies and other clips, I caught a newsreel of News Anchor Jack Morris doing a promotion piece on the River Parks Tax deal. Included were to be dozens of high scale shops, restaurants and retail stores. A long pier that people could fish and walk on. Plus an 18 Hole Golf Course.

Anyone know where that Golf Course is at the Riverparks? And where are the stores and shops and restaurants?

Sounds to me as if we have already paid for these improvements at River Parks, but never got them. Correct me if I am wrong.

Or, a better question is, Where is the Money that was allocated to build all this? All I see there is a fountain, a modified walk over bridge that already existed and a few small parking lots. Appears from Jack Morris' illustrative comments of what was to be, that there is a lot missing.

Anyone else catch that?
Rico
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:51:05 pm »

While people are looking at this amazing work of art... I thought I would mention that "Tulsa" the board game resembling Monopoly is now on sale.. I saw it in Reasor's. I'm sure it is available many more locations....

Wonder if any of our recent Politicians are game pieces....?
AMP
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:56 pm »

Also in the Tulsa Fantastic Films it shoued a model of the Civic Center.

Another question. How many seats and how large was the original Round Civic Center Convention Building to of been? It was the one shown on the scale model during the Tulsa Fantastick Films movies.

For some reason we ended up with a much smaller rectangle box shaped building.

Was that yet another downsized from original plans, over budget, money missing Tulsa Good Ol Boys construction project?

Someone needs to follow up on this.

Where are the Tulsa World reporters? At least one radio station talk show host has some sort of a clue here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org