A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:24:13 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa panhandling policy?  (Read 13878 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 02:00:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jdb

Other fav. was, "I was just about to ask you for a few bucks...".

I seem to get hit up most often walking around to the back parking lot at Arnies.

Perfect!  I'll remember that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Sangria
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 11:07:12 am »

The best way to discourage them is to not make it profitable for them to be there.

Instead - give your hard earned money to charities that are there to take care of the homeless and real people in need.

Salvation Army, Mother Tucker Ministries, John 3:16, Catholic Charities, Baptist Charities and I do believe the Methodists might have one too.

Most of the beggers you see are capable of working but would rather beg.
jdb
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 12:08:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sangria

The best way to discourage them is to not make it profitable for them to be there.

And the same can be said about me.
Don't quote jdb or he'll keep coming back.

Too late, ...SUFFER!

If one's in a playful mood when a "beggar" pops up you can ask for something in exchange:

"So I'm suppose to give you money for free? No way Bud!, but if you want to tell me a funny story or a joke than I probably got a buck if it's a good story....".

They usually walk off.

The only "Bud" to take me up on the exchange told me a joke:

Why did the animal climb a tree?
Because he had newspaper.

I gave him a quarter, jdb
TMS
Citizen

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 07:39:43 pm »

I work at the stop light off the eastbound 41st St. exit from I-44.  I'm the guy with a back-pack, three-legged dog, and cardboard sign.

I think that three-legged dog is MY dog, the one that ran off a few years ago. He's three-legged, had his tail accidentally chopped off, blind in one eye and couldn't see out the other, and was recently castrated when I lost him. He answers to the name of "Lucky", so if you call out Lucky the next time you see this guy and the dog starts coming to you... then THAT'S MY DOG!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org