The Republican Party has changed

<< < (5/6) > >>

guido911:
aox:  Hanging out at DailyKos again?

"It is more important for those in the GOP to remain in power than to protect our under aged (children) pages. It doesn't bother you that these people put their jobs over the safety of children? Thought the GOP was suppose to be the party of accountability, ethics, faith, and morals."

Last I checked, Foley's gone. Maybe if he gets convicted, some president will give him a pardon like Mel Reynolds. Maybe Foley should have stayed in Congress and faced the harsh punishment of "Censure," which is all he would have gotten under the Studds precedent. Hell, we know Pelosi would have supported him. In any case, how many elections has Teddy Swimmer Kennedy won since Mary Joe. How many has Sen. Byrd won after the Klan? How many terms did Studds serve after getting busted? As far as sexual indiscretions go, how much time do you have to talk about Clinton? Tell me again, who is more interested in staying in power?

waterboy:
quote:Originally posted by guido911

"It is more important for those in the GOP to remain in power than to protect our under aged (children) pages. It doesn't bother you that these people put their jobs over the safety of children? Thought the GOP was suppose to be the party of accountability, ethics, faith, and morals."

Last I checked, Foley's gone. Maybe if he gets convicted, some president will give him a pardon like Mel Reynolds. Maybe Foley should have stayed in Congress and faced the harsh punishment of "Censure," which is all he would have gotten under the Studds precedent. Hell, we know Pelosi would have supported him. In any case, how many elections has Teddy Swimmer Kennedy won since Mary Joe. How many has Sen. Byrd won after the Klan? How many terms did Studds serve after getting busted? As far as sexual indiscretions go, how much time do you have to talk about Clinton? Tell me again, who is more interested in staying in power?

How far back will you guys go to find sexual indiscretions? I heard Lincoln had some on the side and everyone knows Eisenhower did his private secretary! Could you at least stay in this decade?[}:)]

Conan71:
quote:Originally posted by waterboy

How far back will you guys go to find sexual indiscretions? I heard Lincoln had some on the side and everyone knows Eisenhower did his private secretary! Could you at least stay in this decade?[}:)]

Last I heard, Hillary likes bush [8)]

aoxamaxoa:
Worth repeating:

Oct. 18, 2006

Public support for Republicans' control of Congress has eroded to its lowest point since the party took over 12 years ago, a new WSJ/NBC News poll finds, as scandals have taken a toll. With just 19 days until the midterm elections, both President Bush and his party are in worse shape with voters than Democrats were in the October before they lost their House and Senate majorities in 1994.

For more information:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116120412623296795.html?mod=djemalert

waterboy:
quote:Originally posted by Conan71

quote:Originally posted by waterboy

Last I heard, Hillary likes bush [8)]

That's pretty good. Got any pictures?[:D]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page