A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:15 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inhofe crashes plane again  (Read 18701 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:19 am »

I remember that he crashed a plane in Claremore a couple of years ago and now he crashes one at Riverside airport.

I know he doesn't believe in global warming. Does he believe in gravity?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 08:46:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

I remember that he crashed a plane in Claremore a couple of years ago and now he crashes one at Riverside airport.

Your wrong again....Just like the Bell's post....The plan landed safely then he looped it a couple of times on the runway...Hardly a crash.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 08:48:55 am »

His prop came off between Pryor and Claremore the last time and he greased it in for a good landing at the Claremore airport.

Truly sad news about the two AME's killed in the last three months, both were quite well-respected aviators.  Baldwin had done one of my medicals when I was still flying.  I was saddened to hear it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:21:40 am »

Landing = controlled crash

Inhoffe should take recent events as a hint. Three well known pilots (the two docs plus their friend) and inhoffe averts it twice.

Time to visit southwest.com while you're still alive, jack.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 12:22:05 pm »

quote:

Your wrong again....Just like the Bell's post....The plan landed safely then he looped it a couple of times on the runway...Hardly a crash.....

I'm glad to know that Jim has a friend to defend him on the forum.

This story says that his prop hit the runway and caused the plane to spin out of control. There was damage to the plane.

http://www.newsok.com/article/2951756

You are right. It is probably not a crash by technical terms. I should have named the thread "Inhofe out of control and walks away".

Power is nothing till you use it.
alanoftulsa
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 12:50:06 pm »

Jim Inhofe fuel's his plane.

Jim lands at Riverside Airport
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 01:16:16 pm »

Hmmm, Finnerty says it might have been a rudder problem that caused the prop strike.  I believe the RV-8 design is strictly a "tail dragger" configuration like the one pictured which means the arc of the prop should be rotating higher above the runway on the ground than a tricycle gear aircraft:

http://phil-bartlett.fotopic.net/p31933387.html

(sorry image wouldn't show up, you'll have to click)

Sounds like a ground loop, which is not uncommon in tail draggers with a good cross-wind on the ground.

At any rate, I'm thinkin' Inhoffe is making someone rich with prop work.

Great photos and commentary AOT- thanks for the chuckle!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
papaspot
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 02:10:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

So the plane sustains "significant damage" during the process of landing it and you don't call that a crash?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 02:54:53 pm »

No pilots artfully dodge the term "crash" in a case like that by using the term "prop-strike."

Not that it makes a difference to the FAA or their insurance, it just allows them to say: "Nope, I've never crashed one but I've had a few belly landin's and prop-strikes". [Wink]

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 11:09:32 pm »

Swerved to avoid a deer Sunday, while making an emergency landing.   Roll Eyes

A hop down memory lane...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/more-scary-details-inhofe-plane-landing-709651

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
davideinstein
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 01:03:39 am »

Jim Inhofe fuel's his plane.

Jim lands at Riverside Airport

Gold.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 10:04:54 am »

This would not be newsworthy if it had been anyone other than Inhofe.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/plane-flown-by-sen-jim-inhofe-runs-off-runway-during/article_40d875aa-1443-5ff0-a8ce-eeadc2184547.html

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 10:48:19 am »

Disagree.  The initial report filed by the TV station at that point they didn't know who the pilot was.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 10:59:25 am »

Disagree.  The initial report filed by the TV station at that point they didn't know who the pilot was.

Disagree.  Just because it was on the TV doesn't mean it was really newsworthy.  It must have been a slow day.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 11:39:17 am »

Disagree.  Just because it was on the TV doesn't mean it was really newsworthy.  It must have been a slow day.

If the TV news doesn't pick it up it's not newsworthy? Uh...ok?  Whatevs....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org