A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:58 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inhofe crashes plane again  (Read 18700 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 01:57:59 pm »

Finally, something we can agree on.  Landing on a closed runway, especially with workers present, was not entirely brilliant.  I think average Joe would have eventually gotten back in the air but it would have been a lot more difficult.

Aside from the fact that you should get that kinda of info PREFLIGHT!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 01:58:12 pm »

Thanks for...explaining that?

Enjoy your holiday.

You're welcome.
Enjoy your holiday too.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 01:59:18 pm »

Yep.
Things can change from preflight to arrival but not on that scale.

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 08:58:16 am »

True but one of the very best things to come out of that was the Pilots Bill of Rights and the requirement that Center or Approach Controllers now ask for confirmation that you have the weather and NOTAMS at your destination or they give them to you prior to clearing you for the approach.  Things do change after preflight.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 09:23:10 am »

How does a man in his eighties manage to pass a flight physical?
I see/hear the Senator at Tulsa Riverside frequently, just last Thursday afternoon he was flying his Tiger (sounded like he was giving a lesson or practicing emergency procedures as he requested a short approach with a simulated engine out) and he landed behind me on a very HOT bumpy day with a bright sun shining on a very black runway (think float forever) with a bit of a right crosswind and as I taxied I watched his touchdown and roll out and I'll freely admit it his was better than mine...

Those of us who fly tail wheel aircraft understand the occasional runway departure, be it from a adverse gust, animal avoidance or just sleepy feet a little behind the aircraft and it happens but it only makes the news when someone of note is doing the flying.  

Besides flying I also see him running the perimeter road, regularly.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:07:49 pm by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 02:33:45 pm »

As long as he is jogging or in his plane then he can't be making a donkey of himself on the senate floor. I think the thing that bugs me the most is I don't think his stunts and statements are true to his real opinions, you can see the almost see the oil lobbyist putting money in his back pocket every time he disputes climate change.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 02:35:30 pm »

As long as he is jogging or in his plane then he can't be making a donkey of himself on the senate floor. I think the thing that bugs me the most is I don't think his stunts and statements are true to his real opinions, you can see the almost see the oil lobbyist putting money in his back pocket every time he disputes climate change.

He was actually a pretty good legislator when he was in the House.  Now he just comes off as a bitter old troll.  He needs to retire.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 02:44:17 pm »

Dear Lord, what would Oklahoma voters replace him with. I bet our next senator will make Ted Cruz look moderate.
I never thought I would miss Tom Coburn.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2016, 11:25:58 am »

Dear Lord, what would Oklahoma voters replace him with. I bet our next senator will make Ted Cruz look moderate.
I never thought I would miss Tom Coburn.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2016, 01:52:41 pm »

You could get him a test drive in a Tesla and have him tryout the autopilot feature...........
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2016, 02:20:07 pm »

You could get him a test drive in a Tesla and have him tryout the autopilot feature...........

Tesla?  Pshaw!  He'd then be thought of as someone who believes in climate change.  Can't be having that or he won't be able to throw snowballs on the chamber floors anymore!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2016, 04:56:25 pm »

He'd then be thought of as someone who believes in climate change. 

Not much chance of that, even with a Tesla.   Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org