A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:45:03 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabela's in Bixby & Sand Springs  (Read 36099 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2007, 04:34:06 pm »

So is this a multi-story commercial development? Perhaps having parking garages, a multi-story Target, businesses above retail? What is making this "high density commercial" versus the low density suburban sprawl we usually see?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 01:49:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:
Originally posted by HazMatCFO

Land development activity now going on at the NW corner of 121st and Memorial. Whether it's for Cabela's or Target or something, it's happening now.

It was going to be Mini-storage, but I think that project died last year.  I'll see what I can find out. .  . OK here it is.

Centennial Plaza, a project of the Dallas-based Hunt Properties./ Trish Richey, Bixby's economic development director, said tenants of this shopping center will be announced soon./ "Obviously they're moving dirt over there," Richey said. "There will be two phases to the 40-acre development. The plan is for that development to be mixed retail and commercial.

They have applied for high density commercial.

I recall seeing a story or thread about Centennial Plaza complete with a PDF map showing there being a Super Target as the anchor tenant.  Target has been rumored there for a long time.  Long enough for Wal-mart to already counteractively put a store in at 111th a year or two before Target got around to laying foundation.

I wonder if they will throw the Glenpool Wal-mart up before the Tulsa Hills Target opens?

It looks like the Glenpool Wal-Mart will be open before the Target at Tulsa Hills. Construction on the Wal-Mart is far ahead of anything in Tulsa Hills. I drove by both every day on my commute and they have really been throwing that Wal-Mart together fast.

you are correct.  I am building a house at 111th and hwy 75 and drive by both 5-6 times a week, the wal-mart is definitely farther along then the target.  The target at tulsa hills looks like it is going to mimick the one in Owasso, not the super target at 71st and 169.  

As for what is going in at 121st and Memorial, my source is telling me it is a target.

I keep hearing all sorts of different things about the 121st and Memorial development. My wife has family who are on various boards and what not in Bixby and they keep hearing different things. First it was Cabela's. Then it was Target. Now it is "another major retailer."

Who really knows?
mr.jaynes
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 02:23:47 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Land development activity now going on at the NW corner of 121st and Memorial. Whether it's for Cabela's or Target or something, it's happening now.

It was going to be Mini-storage, but I think that project died last year.  I'll see what I can find out. .  . OK here it is.

Centennial Plaza, a project of the Dallas-based Hunt Properties./ Trish Richey, Bixby's economic development director, said tenants of this shopping center will be announced soon./ "Obviously they're moving dirt over there," Richey said. "There will be two phases to the 40-acre development. The plan is for that development to be mixed retail and commercial.

I recall seeing a story or thread about Centennial Plaza complete with a PDF map showing there being a Super Target as the anchor tenant.  Target has been rumored there for a long time.  Long enough for Wal-mart to already counteractively put a store in at 111th a year or two before Target got around to laying foundation.

I wonder if they will throw the Glenpool Wal-mart up before the Tulsa Hills Target opens?

It looks like the Glenpool Wal-Mart will be open before the Target at Tulsa Hills. Construction on the Wal-Mart is far ahead of anything in Tulsa Hills. I drove by both every day on my commute and they have really been throwing that Wal-Mart together fast.

you are correct.  I am building a house at 111th and hwy 75 and drive by both 5-6 times a week, the wal-mart is definitely farther along then the target.  The target at tulsa hills looks like it is going to mimick the one in Owasso, not the super target at 71st and 169.  

As for what is going in at 121st and Memorial, my source is telling me it is a target.

I keep hearing all sorts of different things about the 121st and Memorial development. My wife has family who are on various boards and what not in Bixby and they keep hearing different things. First it was Cabela's. Then it was Target. Now it is "another major retailer."

Who really knows?

Hopefully Cabela's, so I canb go straight to their store instead of just using their catalog.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2007, 01:17:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who really knows?

Hopefully Cabela's, so I canb go straight to their store instead of just using their catalog.

could be a Kohls as well also.  I have heard several people mention that name.  As for a multi-story target, the only place I have ever seen them, is in San Diego.  It was pretty interesting I might add.  I think a target there would be a great addition for bixby, but dont know if its possible since there is one at 71st and 169 just 6 miles away.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
mr.jaynes
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2007, 12:12:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who really knows?

Cabela's does have much to offer just in the catalog alone, and a store would undoubtedly fulfil this expectation.
T-TownMike
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2008, 04:11:02 pm »

That available land in Sand Springs would be prime property for a Cabela's and it will help bring people around the river and downtown.

Either that or Downtown, but either way I think it would be more centrally located.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org