A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:35:42 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabela's in Bixby & Sand Springs  (Read 36252 times)
breitee
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:17 am »

Any updates on this?
mr.jaynes
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 04:36:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

Cabelas blows bass pro off the map......

Never been or even seen a Bass Pro Shop, though from what I'd been told, I suppose there is one in Broken Arrow?

As for Cabela's, they should have stores nationwide by now, but it seems their growth is fairly slow. When I was a kid, my dad would always get these catalogs from Cabela's just full of great stuff, and he'd order all kinds of great stuff from them.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 08:15:43 am »

Cabella's has some real outfitter quality gear.  They sell the cheap stuff too, but if you want a rain suit to keep you dry all day on some freezing lake in Canada... they can hook you up.  Bass pro is damn neat, but appears to have as many "toys" as they do real gear.

My two cents anyway.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 01:48:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Cabella's has some real outfitter quality gear.  They sell the cheap stuff too, but if you want a rain suit to keep you dry all day on some freezing lake in Canada... they can hook you up.  Bass pro is damn neat, but appears to have as many "toys" as they do real gear.

My two cents anyway.

Some of the clothes kinda jibes with my style (you'd be surprised, I dare say, what I could do with some of that stuff), but mainly, I go in for the food items they sell.
Rowdy
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 07:16:08 am »

As in Elk urine?
mr.jaynes
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 09:41:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

As in Elk urine?

More like exotic meats of various kinds, the stuff ya probably can't get at Safeway.
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 09:00:45 am »

Given the likely option we are facing downtown (Wal-Mart), I say we bribe Cabela's to come on down to the east village to gobble up the Wal-Mart site.  It'd be a hell of a lot easier for me to swallow.

HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 04:14:03 pm »

Land development activity now going on at the NW corner of 121st and Memorial. Whether it's for Cabela's or Target or something, it's happening now.
spoonbill
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 12:02:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by HazMatCFO

Land development activity now going on at the NW corner of 121st and Memorial. Whether it's for Cabela's or Target or something, it's happening now.

It was going to be Mini-storage, but I think that project died last year.  I'll see what I can find out. .  . OK here it is.

Centennial Plaza, a project of the Dallas-based Hunt Properties./ Trish Richey, Bixby's economic development director, said tenants of this shopping center will be announced soon./ "Obviously they're moving dirt over there," Richey said. "There will be two phases to the 40-acre development. The plan is for that development to be mixed retail and commercial.

They have applied for high density commercial.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 01:12:57 pm »

Cabela's should be fun.  My son wanted to see the fish last night, so we went to BA Bass Pro...up by the shootin' gallery some ol' boy proudly turned to me and said "I got 'em all that time"  I thought, good lord man, how many quarters have you wasted?  I gave a polite smile and snuck away to find Mr. Kashmir

Would not have gone but Child Kashmir has been very good and it was his reward.  
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 08:20:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:

It was going to be Mini-storage, but I think that project died last year.  I'll see what I can find out. .  . OK here it is.

Centennial Plaza, a project of the Dallas-based Hunt Properties./ Trish Richey, Bixby's economic development director, said tenants of this shopping center will be announced soon./ "Obviously they're moving dirt over there," Richey said. "There will be two phases to the 40-acre development. The plan is for that development to be mixed retail and commercial.

From what I have heard from someone on one of the various development committees in Bixby is that it was supposed to be a Target or possibly a Super Target but that "Sometime last week we were told Target was no longer coming." He/She didn't know why but was told another large tenant had been lined up to take their place as the anchor store for the development.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 09:20:40 pm »

quote:

quote:

I recall seeing a story or thread about Centennial Plaza complete with a PDF map showing there being a Super Target as the anchor tenant.  Target has been rumored there for a long time.  Long enough for Wal-mart to already counteractively put a store in at 111th a year or two before Target got around to laying foundation.

I wonder if they will throw the Glenpool Wal-mart up before the Tulsa Hills Target opens?

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 07:31:55 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:

quote:

I recall seeing a story or thread about Centennial Plaza complete with a PDF map showing there being a Super Target as the anchor tenant.  Target has been rumored there for a long time.  Long enough for Wal-mart to already counteractively put a store in at 111th a year or two before Target got around to laying foundation.

I wonder if they will throw the Glenpool Wal-mart up before the Tulsa Hills Target opens?

It looks like the Glenpool Wal-Mart will be open before the Target at Tulsa Hills. Construction on the Wal-Mart is far ahead of anything in Tulsa Hills. I drove by both every day on my commute and they have really been throwing that Wal-Mart together fast.

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2007, 11:35:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:

quote:

It looks like the Glenpool Wal-Mart will be open before the Target at Tulsa Hills. Construction on the Wal-Mart is far ahead of anything in Tulsa Hills. I drove by both every day on my commute and they have really been throwing that Wal-Mart together fast.

you are correct.  I am building a house at 111th and hwy 75 and drive by both 5-6 times a week, the wal-mart is definitely farther along then the target.  The target at tulsa hills looks like it is going to mimick the one in Owasso, not the super target at 71st and 169.  

As for what is going in at 121st and Memorial, my source is telling me it is a target.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2007, 04:26:47 pm »

If it's like the 71st wal-mart, it gets setup fast, then it take awhile to build out the inside.  Expect the glenpool wal-mart in march of 08. Tulsa Hills has been shooting for fall '08 for the center's official opening.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org