A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:01 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso - Best Buy & Hotel with Conference Center  (Read 7790 times)
newt
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:14:38 pm »

Owasso, has official got a Best Buy, A books store I am not sure if it was the books a million or the borders that bought the land and a large sporting goods store.  + We are getting several new hotels one that will include a conference center.  I will post the announcement below.  Most will open this year in the fall or early next year in the spring.

"From Owasso City Manager Rodney Ray"

Key decisions by electronic, clothing, and book retailers appear to have been made, contracts for land purchases executed, and planning for site placement underway.  Announcements relating to specific companies can be expected within the next two months for openings that should be scheduled for fall of 2006 and spring of 2007.  There have also been significant developments in the area of hotel/motel construction.  There is reason to believe that at least two and perhaps three hotel/motel operations will begin construction this year.  One of those includes a conference center and retail space as well as Owasso’s first multi-story condominium.  These hotel/motel conference center facilities are a key ingredient in our Office Relocation Initiative.  The community’s ability to provide retail and hotel services are important as relocation sites are recommended to company’s decision makers

Go Owasso

Composer
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 02:11:02 pm »

City still working on more retail

It was announced that along with Best Buy that a large sporting goods store, book store, and hotel and conference center were on the way.  The Best Buy came to Smith Farm but the city is still working on the other stuff.  I really think the large hotel/conference center is years away.  At one time there was a development planned but that has been taken off the table.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 07:05:04 pm »

I spoke to a client who is a local hotel developer, he mentioned that he has 2 "upscale" Marriots in the works. Also mentioned that he has spoken to the River District developer.  I didnt get more than that. I dont like to pry lol [8D]. But I was wondering where he was going to put those 2 Marriots. Perhaps one will be this hotel in Owasso. I was trying to guage his feelings on any hotel development for downtown near a baseball stadium if it went in there but wasnt able to finess it. From what I gather he doesn't feel that downtown is a good place to build a hotel. Nobody goes there. He says right now Chuck Lamson is in the drivers seat.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
mr.jaynes
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 08:36:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Composer

City still working on more retail

It was announced that along with Best Buy that a large sporting goods store, book store, and hotel and conference center were on the way.  The Best Buy came to Smith Farm but the city is still working on the other stuff.  I really think the large hotel/conference center is years away.  At one time there was a development planned but that has been taken off the table.

I'm all for the idea. It may give Owasso something of a jumpstart, and get it really developed.
btrost74
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 04:51:28 pm »

The Marriott Hotel in Owasso that's being built is a TownPlace Suites. Check out Marriott's website, the TownPlace Suites looks like it will be VERY nice.

I also heard that Cabela's is coming to Owasso.
Composer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 08:26:41 pm »

As far as Cabela's is concerned, the city has talked with them to let them know they are interested but nothing is final yet.  Cabela's builds different levels of stores.  I really do not know if they would build a full size store for Owasso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org