A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:05:32 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing Against "The Channels"  (Read 1974 times)
thefiveoclock
« on: September 11, 2006, 07:09:47 pm »

Hi all,  
I'm a TCC student and am a part of some environment/ecology groups at TCC and TU.  I was a part a of a small meeting of young students the other day where we discussed whhat we could do about "The Channels".  
So many of us agree that this is a ludicris idea (for economic, ecological, practical, and emotional reasons), but when people with the money and power start talking and planning there is often little we can do- if this idea had been put forth by some bum down on the river...we all would have laughed;
We definitly have the hope that this plan will fall by the wayside; the money and resources won't become available- BUT we thought it might be a good idea to have some sort of organized resistance to this plan.  We don't know what form it would take.  I chose to throw this out on this forum to get ideas and to see who else might be interested.  If you want to email me privately- the address is thefiveoclock@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Chelsea
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org