A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:28:31 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "My First Ride"  (Read 2872 times)
MichaelC
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:13:32 pm »

From KTUL

Tulsa - A national cable television network is filming a reality show right here in Tulsa. The producer chooses an automobile lover and restores his very first car. The company doing the restoration is also here in Tulsa. NewsChannel 8's Abby Ross has more.

The crew is made up of four main characters. But, they aren't actors. They're employees of Trinity Restoration in Tulsa. The show is called 'My First Ride' in which a viewer writes in and nominates their husband, wife or anyone who loved their first car.

The production company chooses a person, finds his first car and then the Trinity crew restores it, making it exactly how the owner would want it today.

Trinity spent the entire month of July shooting the pilot. The show is still unfinished, so you can't see the result. But, the owner of Trinity and My First Ride's main character, David Miller, says shooting the segment was a huge success.

"On the pilot, the car was one color," Miller says. "But, his dream was for it to be another. So, that's the color we made it. Which was cool. He freaked out. He was blown away. He cried, the wife cried, everyone cried. It was great."

If the studio likes the pilot, the crew is coming back to shoot eight more episodes. And they are only looking for local car lovers. If you want to nominate someone, log on to www.trinitytulsa.com and click on 'My First Ride'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org