A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:43 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OU vs Washington  (Read 2163 times)
waterboy
« on: September 10, 2006, 03:16:18 pm »

My son and I attended the OU/Wash game yesterday. Man, has this event changed since I was a student there! Really cool to sit in the upper deck and just take it all in. Instant replays and testimonials from former coaches and players on the big screen. A marketing event for sure. Really, a great entertainment event.

The quality of the game was about what I expected from college age kids from my memory and my experience. Mistakes punctuated with brilliant athletic plays, followed by dumb football. Football is always more fun in person.

Imagine my surprise when it merited almost no coverage/comment from the ESPN crew.  This was a good, close for awhile, game with very good quarterbacks and lots of action. Washington came to play. Whoever 92 on their kickoff coverage was, pissed off everyone he blocked!

It seems as though coverage is only favorable if you are top 10 rated. Why? Is it because it was televised? Honestly, the difference between what I saw, and what I heard was tremendous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org