A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Places - Lost in Space (Part 1)  (Read 2328 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: August 07, 2006, 10:30:06 pm »

Lately, I've been giving a lot of thought to how I relate to downtown as a pedestrian.  Why do I walk on certain streets and not others? Why do I stop to sit in some places?  Why do some spaces make me feel happy and comfortable and content...while others, based only on form/design, leave me feeling empty or disconnected?

For the purpose of this exercise, I'm providing a photo of what I consider a place with great potential...but currently a totally wasted space. (I'm sure you'll recognize it as the plaza area at 4th and Main.)

What's wrong with this space?  What could be done to make it a "human compatable?"  What's missing that prevents it from achieving it's potential?  How would you change it?

Have fun!  Let the discussions begin!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org