A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:55:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make Tulsa nicer? Simplicity.  (Read 2636 times)
iamdavideinstein
« on: June 09, 2006, 11:19:24 pm »

-Get rid of wood telephone poles. Use metal, they last longer and look ten times better.

-Rezone. Not every corner on the grid needs to be filed with convient stores and other commercial development. An office building? Fine. 6-10 gas stations and fast food restaraunts? Trashy.

-Repave roads. It hurts your car and looks like crap. No excuse for this not to be completely fixed. Think of the nicest cities you've ever been to...they usually had nice roads, huh?

-Take care of your homeless problems. Put more money into rehibilitation efforts, you'll never grow uptown/downtown if you have 10 "bums" for every regular person. Sorry, you just won't.

-Make OSU-Tulsa a four year university. Strive for something besides an "adult night school". UW-Milwaukee, UCLA, & UNC-Greensboro are examples of how a satellite school can succeed.

-Stop throwing money at stupid crap. An arena? Give me a break...over $300 million you could have used on much more profitable measures. Have fun hearing, "Tulsa's arena was nice, but the downtown is a ghost town and I had ten bums ask for change on the way to the car after the tournament. By the way, what teams call this place home?"

-Stop thinking the river is something special. It's not, it's crap. It smells. Disgusting refinieries looking over a river will never be a good investment, I promise you. Keep up what it currently has, but no silly ideas for the place.

-Develop your empty warehouses. Make them into modern office buildings and market to the tech junkies of the world. They bubble may have burst, but tech companies on the rise again, and here to stay. Plus, tech junkies typicially like urban enviroments...so, that settles the whole getting people to buy condos downtown problem.

-Don't compromise with subarbs. Screw them, they are the problem, not the solution. If anything, take money from them.

-Cut lawns. I'm serious, make it a city ordinance, if it isn't already.

-Trails. They don't hurt...

That is all, for now...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org