A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:25:33 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Tulsa Tough" - Huge Cycling Event!  (Read 30225 times)
davideinstein
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 09:49:35 pm »

The biggest issue I saw on Sunday were the people smoking cigarettes.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2016, 10:21:18 am »

From someone who lives in the neighborhood:  It seems as though the crowds have gotten better about not leaving trash and respecting private property, at least on my street.  I'm pleased to report no vandalism at my place this year, and I found only one cigarette butt on the public sidewalk in front of my house.
It's funny because I kept getting water and setting my bottle down in the shade by the sidewalk.  Then, 20 minutes later, I'd look for my water bottle and it would be gone.  At first, I thought some thirsty person took it; then I realized that people were continuously cleaning up the sidewalks along the course.  I still have no idea if it was an official volunteer, or just a kind neighbor.  I lost about 4 bottles of water during the day!  But I can't complain, because there was absolutely no cleanup for me to do at the end of the day on Galveston.  Everything was spotless!
rdj
City Father

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2016, 01:31:54 pm »

The biggest issue I saw on Sunday were the people smoking cigarettes.

Couldn't you just move away from them?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2016, 02:15:24 pm »

From someone who lives in the neighborhood:  It seems as though the crowds have gotten better about not leaving trash and respecting private property, at least on my street.  I'm pleased to report no vandalism at my place this year, and I found only one cigarette butt on the public sidewalk in front of my house.

13th & Jackson was still a pretty good mess when we finally got up there to get the water monsters around 7pm.  Malcolm is beyond anal about making sure Riverview is cleaner than it was before the race.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

Couldn't you just move away from them?

We came across smokers, as well.  Yes, we can stay away from them.  The cyclists, however, can't.  Cigarette smoke is probably very low on the list of things you want come across while riding up Cry Baby Hill.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 03:44:47 pm »

Malcolm is beyond anal about making sure Riverview is cleaner than it was before the race.

Riverview is cleaner before the race.  It's messier on Sunday evening after the race.  That's a factual, general observation from someone who lives in the neighborhood.

Many of the visitors are disrespectful. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:49:49 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org