A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:06:23 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Tulsa Tough" - Huge Cycling Event!  (Read 30236 times)
Jammie
Civic Leader

Re:
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 02:20:54 pm »

I'll post photos on Google+, Conan, though given the weather reports and the fact that Sunday is our anniversary, I won't spend much time there. She-Who-etc would be thoroughly displeased if I didn't take her out. I only LOOK dumb.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Ed and "she who"!

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 07:45:15 pm »

Yep. SHE-WHO -etc has put up with me for 29 years today.

My photos are om G+ at https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/114874700548780474647/album/6160365828551789089/6160365835999690370?cbp=11tpzdms59p4h&sview=20&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=/app/basic/photos/114874700548780474647/album/6160365828551789089&sparm=gpsrc%3Dgplp0

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 07:32:36 am »

The under the sea theme at CBH resulted in some very funny costumes. There was an orca and a 250lb ginger bearded mermaid.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 10:51:59 am »

Great pics!  I saw quite a few of my friends in the photos and you managed to catch a couple of shots of the chalets I managed on Sunday at Crash Corner.  Bob Roll was a lot of fun to hang out with, he’s got a wicked sense of humor.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »

Back in the day, Roll was a tough pro racer. He's a welcome addition to the race commentary team.

Ed

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 09:52:01 am »

Great pictures Ed. The old guy without a shirt. That will be me. Never when it's hot shall I wear a shirt. I won't care how bad I look. Half naked old men unite!

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
rdj
City Father

Re:
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 12:46:10 pm »

Great pics!  I saw quite a few of my friends in the photos and you managed to catch a couple of shots of the chalets I managed on Sunday at Crash Corner.  Bob Roll was a lot of fun to hang out with, he’s got a wicked sense of humor.

Man, it would have been nice to be under one of those chalets when the rain came Sunday afternoon.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:22 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.  If anyone wants a high resolution original, please let me know.

Ed

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 12:43:24 pm »

Great pictures, looks like the cyclists had a good time. I heard some guy passed out or something on "Cry Baby Hill". I'm not a cyclist so I don't know the rules of racing in "Tulsa Tuff", but it's darn popular, I guess it attracts cyclists from all over the nation. My only sport is running, I have entered  5K's and 10K's . Lately they really jacked up the race day sign-up   fees to $45.00, (used to be $35.00)   The "Full Moon 5K" was $45.00 on race day or $30.00 if you signed up early and the race sold out.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »

Does anyone know where "Cry Baby Hill" is?  (Tulsa Tuff race)

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 01:52:11 pm »

Thousands of people do.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 01:56:40 pm »

Thousands of people do.

Well, it's in Tulsa so he wouldn't be familiar. 
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »

Yes.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2016, 01:56:11 pm »

Tulsa Tough is back this weekend in it’s three usual venues:

Friday Night- Blue Dome District, races start at 6:15pm and final race ends at approximately 9:50pm. 

There are plenty of great spots to spectate all around the course.  Don’t miss the rider expo in the future Santa Fe Square on the NE corner of 2nd & Elgin.  There are also still a limited amount of tickets left for the VIP tent on the north side of Elgin near the start/finish line where we will be pouring complimentary beer from Tulsa’s own Marshall’s Brewing and complimentary wines from Johndrow Vineyards of Napa Valley, Ca.  McNellies group will be providing food to our VIP guests.  Price is $50 for free beverages and food.  Johndrow wines has an Oklahoma connection as David Johndrow grew up in Enid and he has a brother who is a respected member of the Tulsa cycling community.

Tulsa Tough is upping its green game this year by employing the use of 128 gallon Water Monsters in the expo area and rider staging areas so riders and spectators can refill their own water bottles, creating less trash.  These will be co-located with Gatorade jugs.

Saturday- Brady District.  Gran Fondo starts at 7:30am and races start at 10am.  Last race ends at approximately 9:15pm.  There will be a rider expo and Gran Fondo rider hospitality area in the Guthrie Green.  Coop Ale Works has joined Tulsa Tough as the official beer of the Gran Fondos on Saturday and Sunday.  They will be providing complimentary beer for Fondo finishers and will be selling canned product to all others on Boston between Brady & Cameron on Saturday.

Hydration stations with the Water Monsters and Gatorade jugs will be located on the north and south ends of Guthrie Green, the Gran Fondo finish area on Boston north of Cameron, and the medical aid tent on the south side of Brady at Main St.

This is a great venue to enjoy the food of Brady District like Hey Mambo!, Laffa, The Tavern, Mexicali, & Caz’s or enjoy a cold beer and some revelry at the newly opened Prairie Brew Pub or Sound Pony.

Sunday- River Parks and world-famous Crybaby Hill.  Gran Fondo starts at 7:30am, first criterium race starts at 8am and races continue until 5:50 pm.  There will be a rider hospitality area near the Gran Fondo finish.  Again Coop Ale works will be providing riders with complimentary beer to celebrate their accomplishment and they will be selling beer at two stations in River Parks with all proceeds going to the River Parks Authority.

Hydration stations with Water Monsters and Gatorade in River Parks will be near the Gran Fondo finish area and near the start/finish line on the crit course on Riverside.  There will be two additional Water Monsters at 13th & Jackson on Crybaby Hill.  One will be on the south side near the sound stage, one will be on the north side of Jackson. 

St. Francis Kid’s Zone is open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm at the south end of the River Parks venue area.

Please bring a refillable water bottle and come spectate or participate in Tulsa’s premiere cycling festival. 

For more information: http://tulsatough.com/site/sections/1

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:08 pm »

I'm planning to go both Friday and Sunday. I want a t-shirt and last year they sold out of the...um...somewhat larger size I wear. Plus, there's a Lindy Hop swing dance at Guthrie Green and my daughter will be dancing. Who could resist?

Oh, and THIS year is our 30th wedding anniversary! Dunno how she put up with me this long.

Ed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org