A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:54:37 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the Tulsa Now Forum be closed?  (Read 4907 times)
David Arnett
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:32:18 am »

Have you noticed that the Tulsa Now Forum does not relate directly to the goals and organization known as Tulsa Now?  Have you noticed that posters are often pushing their own political campaigns, agendas, or those who employ family members?  Have you noted the hate speech and personal attacks from both the left and the right?  Have you noticed the; lack of fact, lack of substance, lack civility?

At what point should Tulsa Now as the named sponsoring organization consider pulling the plug on this train wreck?  Maybe the forum has served its purpose.  Maybe if we, as Tulsa Now the organization, allow this forum to continue � legal and moral responsibility for incorrect, slanderous, vicious, or politically purchased posting can not be avoided?

This is a question other sites with long established open public forums are considering.  This not meant as direct criticism of any individual poster, but as an attempt to asses current operations in regard to original mission.  Maybe there are no others that agree, but I have tired of ad hominem attacks.  This does not mean that I wish to limit debate, to the contrary � I love public debate on issues of public policy, but pot-shots from hidden identities gets old and raises the question of value and purpose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org