A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:18:01 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Owasso House for Sale  (Read 3836 times)
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« on: March 27, 2006, 11:29:09 pm »

My parents have retired, and are selling their house east of Owasso.  They currently have it for sale by owner, so I thought I'd go ahead and throw an ad in here Smiley.  It's in Eastwood Lake Estates, which is unlike most subdivisions up there.  All the lots are a minimum of 1 acre, there are two large, private neighborhood ponds, the whole area is very hilly and heavily treed.  The only neighborhood in Tulsa I can compare it to would be Silver Chase, or some of the other neighborhoods around 101st and Louisville.  Most of the houses were built in the late 1970's to late 1980's.  I grew up in this neighborhood, and I have great memories of being a kid allowed to ride my bike freely, exploring the nearby woods, and fishing daily in the summertime.  Seriously, few people seem to know that this area exists.  Now that I've established that this is not a typical Owasso development, I will describe the house.

It was built in 1983, it's 2,841 square feet.  Three bedrooms, 2.5 baths, each bedroom has a large (VERY large to a midtowner like me) walk-in closet.  The master suite is upstairs, which is kind of different, it has it's own bath with double sinks, and large walk-in closet, plus a private balcony that overlooks the backyard.  Off the master is a bonus room that my parents use as an exercise room and craft room, but it also has an exterior entrance and outside staircase, which would make it more than sutiable as a fully functional home office.  Also upstairs is a large game room with a pool table (slate) that stays, plus lots of built-in bookcases/tv space and a bay window seat.

Downstairs are the two other bedrooms, their bath, and LARGE walk-in closets.  There is a large great room that is two stories high.  it's a pretty dramatic space, and everyone that comes in is wowed by it.  it has a woodburning fireplace.  Formal dining is adjacent to this space.  Kitchen has been recently updated with new countertops, new sink, new faucet, and tumbled marble backsplash.  Large utility room has lots of built-in linen space, and it also has a new tile floor.  Another interesting feature is that the house has a full 4-car garage, plus additional storage/work space.  There is a huge patio that runs the entire length of the house, a hot tub, and there are stucco retaining walls that terrace the slope of the lot, and my dad has landscaped the heck out of the place over the last 20 years.

I know we often poo-poo Owasso on this page, but this is a great house in a great neighborhood, and it is so different than most places in Owasso.  So if you are so inclined to look at properties in Owasso, this is a unique one!

Currently asking $232,900.  Asking prices for houses in this area currently range from the low $200's to over $300,000.

If you have any interest, let me know.  I'd rather not give out phone numbers on a message board!  Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org