A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:39:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoning Code Amendments  (Read 4156 times)
OurTulsa
« on: March 17, 2006, 08:27:42 am »

A year later, we have our first public hearing on...the Zoning Code Amendments!!!!  I remember bringing this up in March of 05.  They are listed on INCOG's website at:

http://www.incog.org/TMAPC/Proposed%20City%20Zoning%20Amendments.pdf

Quick list includes:

Accessory Dwelling Units, Residential Uses allowed in office and commercial districts, permitting limited office use in residential districts, removing automobile sales from the CS-commericial district, allowing sale of produce in the agricultural districts (yes, I know that the City doesn't have many AG districts but this is still a nice recognition).

Many of the other changes are boring but necessary.  

My favorite change is related to Accessory Dwelling Units.  I really hope this one goes through.

I don't see anything related to parking on the list.  Someone had an idea worth considering related to permitting principal use parking in the CBD by Special Exception.  So that it is not so easy to convert downtown land principally to parking.

The Public Hearing is Wednesday, March 22nd at 1:30  - # 3 on the agenda.

http://www.incog.org/TMAPC/Agenda/Tmapc%20Agenda.htm

Where does TulsaNow stand on these proposed amendments?  I know they are not Form Based but I think that some of the changes are moves in the right direction.  I hope we can support them.  To provide input, be there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org