A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:45:42 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty tacky - escapetulsa.com  (Read 3584 times)
AVERAGE JOE
« on: March 12, 2006, 07:07:09 pm »

Saw a commercial on TV just a few minutes ago during Extreme Makeover Home Edition that advertised only a website - escapeTulsa.com. I visited it. It's an ad for Bartlesville... after a little Flash intro, you can click a link for the visitBartlesville.com website.

I understand the concept of getting out of town and visiting a quieter place, but my marketing background tells me that they shouldn't risk offending the very people they're trying to attract. Having to "escape" from Tulsa has a negative connotation. And to dedicate a website to it?

I think promoting the "vistBartlesville.com" site would've been plenty effective...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org