A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:34:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HP Overlay... Is this a Joke or what?  (Read 3309 times)
Rico
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:11:39 pm »

Earlier today I was reading some material regarding of all places Yorktown Neighborhood..

Imagine, that in such a short amount of time, since the entry of Arvest and Charles Norman into the land of HP Zoning. HP Overlay  now seems to be just a way of helping develop a color scheme for a Neighborhood, Decorating the portion that is visible from the street,  and oh yes giving employment to the members of the Preservation Commission...

Sorry to sound so cynical on this topic.. I said when the whole Arvest invasion was taking place that this was to set a precedent for further bending and chinking away at the little protection afforded the residents of Historic Homes in Tulsa..
That now is no longer a bad dream but a reality..

The latest player on the scene Pinnacle Properties...

Without  creating an issue out of something that is now being overshadowed by the Election....
I honestly feel that the Neighborhoods that believe they have any sort of protection because of HP Overlay should be given back a Dollar Amount equal to the number of hours they invested in achieving this status...
I would like to see a Mayoral Candidate address this issue....Heck, I would like to hear the COHN address this...

For those that do not know...COHN is the" Coalition of Historic Neighborhoods"... Membership limited to Districts and Neighborhoods that have achieved Historical Recognition..By the National Register of Historic Places.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org