A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:40:47 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Comedy Club downtown  (Read 2483 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 08, 2006, 12:52:32 am »

I just got home from the show at the new Comedy Club at the Brady theater and I had a good time.

The place is small, less than a hundred seats, but intimate works for comedy. I was also glad that it was all non-smoking.

There was a $10 cover, but no drink minimum. The soft drinks were $2, beer was $4, wine $5 and mixed drinks $6.

It was pretty standard fare with a brick backdrop, an opening comic, a featured comic and the headliner comic.

Tonight the headliner was Barry Friedman who lives in town and does a column for Urban Tulsa Weekly.

The first comic was part of the ownership group and did well. The second comic started slow, but finished off his act with some songs on his guitar and had some funny jokes. Barry Friedman had some friends in the audience that cheered him loudly when he walked on stage, and he converted the rest of the crowd very quickly and just had the audience rolling.

It was a great evening at the Brady theater. I was glad when I heard a new comedy club was opening and I think it is a perfect fit for the Brady area.

Lets all hope that they succeed in a very difficult business. We need more humor.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org