A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Tulsa's Population Declining  (Read 7285 times)
TulsaFan-inTexas
« on: December 31, 2005, 11:24:50 am »

I think Tulsa is an undiscovered jewel and one of the most beautiful cities in the US. The art deco architecture, green hills, and great climate are just a few of the reasons I like Tulsa (I'm from the DFW area). My question is this; why is the population declining in such a nice city? One should think that Tulsa would be seeing a population boom, much like Charlotte, NC has over the last decade. From my vantage point, Tulsa has so much to offer; great climate, beautiful parks, geography, beautiful architecture, etc. The area is much more beautiful, geographically speaking, than the Dallas/Fort Worth area and yet your population is DECLINING? Is it city leadership or what? I'd seriously like to understand why because Tulsa is a place that I'd like to live if given the chance. However, I've looked for jobs in Tulsa (I'm a business writer) and cannot seem to find something that would support my family.
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org