A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:37:54 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "1984" Has come to Tulsa  (Read 2876 times)
Gliders
« on: December 22, 2005, 09:08:51 pm »

Hello, all!  My first post here.  I just discovered this forum and thought it might be a good place to take other Tulsa residents' temperature on a topic that has me steamed.[Sad!]

I'm talking about the concrete blocks along Riverside between 21st and 31st, once a bastion of individuality and freedom of expression.  Oh, sure, some of them were badly done, but they were unique.  Now the exact opposite has been wrought upon Tulsans:  generic lettering displaying the "virtues" of a good Citizen in Orwellian fashion.

Has anyone else noticed these?  Does anyone find them  as hidious-- nay, creepy-- as I do?

My ultimate fear is that Tulsa is being assimilated by that creepy Owasso Character Council lady.  She's coming to give us all the "initiative" to live as she sees fit!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:27:05 pm by Gliders » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org