A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:28:26 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sportswriters  (Read 2613 times)
marc
Activist

« on: November 20, 2005, 01:42:47 am »

Am I the only one who was annoyed by Bob Molinaro's November 5 column in The Viginian Pilot? It was called "OK, what does Okla City have that we don't? Uh, the NBA".

I thought Molinaro made some pretty condescending remarks about OKC and the Ford Center. He also clearly states that the OKC metropolitan area population is 681,000. That figure is way off, it is closer to 1.1 million.

The eastern sportwriters always seem to look down their noses at this area. (Virginia may be considered part of the south, but is close to the northeast.) We all remember Mike Lupica's comments about the Sooners running up the score 77-0 against the Aggies. But perhaps I am being too sensitive about all of this.

Anyway, no one can accuse the Sooners of running up the score this season.

Here is the link to the Molinaro article.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=94833&ran=42265

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org