A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:46:42 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New restaurants near Bass Pro??  (Read 63964 times)
unknown
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 02:46:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by aoxamaxoa

If Okies concentrated on what they eat and working out like I do, Men's Journal would rank us in the top  5 not the bottom 5, Unknown one.

You don't see the connection?

Well, if I am looking across the country for a place to move offices or a workforce, I want a place conducive to good health, good attitudes, and good people for several reasons.

Do you think there is a correlation between business and health? The artist seems to understand.

And do not buy into the bs restaurants put out about their new menus. Most salads etc. are still loaded with high calorie counts. Can you tell me of 5 healthy places to eat out in Tulsa? Go to any big city and there are lots of choices.

Well you have to understand not everyone wants to live their life like you do and probably aren't reading Men's Journal and counting their calories and eating carrot sticks.

Depends on what you consider healthy... I can get a decent dinner at almost anyplace in Tulsa. Granted not every restaurant has wheat grass shots and Salad Wraps, but what establishment doesn't have salad, baked chicken and some veggies??? And what salad dressing isn’t high in Calories? Anyways, that is what I would consider healthy... probably not to your standards, but whatever.

I just think it is asinine to think there is a correlation betweeen businesses coming to tulsa and the amount of healthy places to eat.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 03:55:20 pm »

I have no standards for other's.

Attracting people to Tulsa is dependent on lifestyle.

And most educated people like a healthy lifestyle.

I think it is asinine to believe there is no correlation between our environment and health to the quality of life (hence business attractiveness) to Tulsa.

BTW, chicken is hazardous to your insides as well as our water......I prefer a good steak now and then.
unknown
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 04:33:03 pm »

I think you should find some statistics for that opinion... being educated does not mean you eat right.

I truly doubt that any business owner has passed over Tulsa for the lack of a healthly lifestyle... once again there are plenty of gyms and trails that can cater to their lifesyle.

The best meal is cooked at home anyways... and I'll never pass up a Porterhouse[Tongue]
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 05:23:00 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6180753.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4631006.stm

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
perspicuity85
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 05:38:10 pm »

Actually, according to local news, Tulsa ranked in the past year as one of the nation's fittest cities.  In 2005, Tulsa ranked as one of the fattest cities.  I'm not sure who conducted this study or why there was such a dramatic turnaround,  but I'm positive I heard this on local news recently.

Can anyone back me up here?
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 08:04:57 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6180753.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4631006.stm

Thanks, it's too late. But thanks. A good read.
unknown
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 04:10:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by perspicuity85

Actually, according to local news, Tulsa ranked in the past year as one of the nation's fittest cities.  In 2005, Tulsa ranked as one of the fattest cities.  
Can anyone back me up here?

According To Men's Health 22nd fatttest city for '05 and 19th in "04.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/99/105092.htm

So going by the artist links eating healthy makes you smarter? That still doesn't say anything about intelligent people that eat unhealthy, which I know there are plenty of. England also has a study that shows the poorest people in England are Healhier than wealthy Americans...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5377794

Still the thought of a potential Business declining to open in Tulsa for the lack of what you consider healthy choices... is outrageous
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 08:09:47 pm »

That is interesting that even the poor in England are healthier than the wealthy in the US. If as a later TW article suggested that the least expensive food is the unhealthy food... then is healthy food cheaper in the UK?  Or is it as I suspect, cheaper food isn't really more expensive its that the poor here have the habit of eating unhealthy junk and fatty foods, and do not have the knowlege or concern to eat healthy.  I know from experience that you can make some great meals out of the slimmest and cheapest of provisions.

I also remember an article where they had it so that some poor people in the US had the choice between whole grain breads and white bread, both for free, they pretty much unanimously always chose the white bread.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Composer
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 06:05:28 pm »

Charleston's is coming along the Bass Pro Lake next to Los Cabos.  There will be a patio overlooking Bass Pro and the Lake.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 03:06:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

I also remember an article where they had it so that some poor people in the US had the choice between whole grain breads and white bread, both for free, they pretty much unanimously always chose the white bread.

Well Yeah!  White makes the best PB&Fluff sammies![Wink]
safetyguy
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 03:23:48 pm »

quote:

Well Yeah!  White makes the best PB&Fluff sammies![Wink]

mmmm, fluffer nutter. That's what we used to call 'em! That sounds good about now.[Tongue]
Composer
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 02:58:28 pm »

Charleston's
The new Charleston's is opening today in Broken Arrow next to Los Cabos. 
TeeDub
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 08:26:36 am »

The Olive Garden in front of Target opened on Monday.   

Composer
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 11:49:27 pm »

The new Charleston's has a patio and will begin hosting live music along Bass Pro Lake similar to Los Cabos. 
T-TownMike
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 05:27:44 pm »

Broken Arrow did well by obtaining the Bass Pro Shop. Tulsa really didn't think that through in the least. I'm just glad the metro area has one. They are bigger draws than some realize. A Bass Pro Shop would have been perfect near downtown around Sand Springs due to it's proximity to Lake Keystone and helped kick that part of town into over-drive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org