A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:29 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New restaurants near Bass Pro??  (Read 63953 times)
osu9400
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:31:54 pm »

I am building in Broken Arrow @ Trinity Creek (well, it's Tulsa, but BA schools) and would like to see some nice restaurants going in. I don't want to sound pessimistic or cynical, but the list of restaurants that I have heard going into the Bass Pro district is less than appealing to me.
* Steak-n-Shake - no thanks.
* Toby Keith's - I haven't been to the one in OKC, but he looks like a dirty redneck. Will his restaurant be a big barn where you sit at picnic tables or on hay-bales?
* Los Cabos - Getting better. The joint on the River walk has a bit of an identity crisis with WAY over-priced drinks.
* Olive Garden - That's ok, but there are enough of those in town.
* PF Chang's - Even though I despise most chains, I would like to see this happen, but it is most likely a rumor. PFC doesn't seem to hold the strategy of putting multiple places in the same metro area.

Broken Arrow has a ton of fast food joints so we don't need any more of those. I would like to see nicer, more independent establishments come into the area. Every restaurant that opens in BA seems to thrive. I think this Bass Pro district would be very attractive to someone with a quality product to serve.

Does anyone have any insight of new restaurants in this area?
Pianoman
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:50:49 pm »

I am not sure about PF Chang's but I also heard that it was coming.  As far as Toby Keith's, it is a very nice looking place and the last time I was in OKC, the wait was 3 hours and they had stopped taking reservations so that will not be so good, but great business for the City of Broken Arrow. I agree that BA does not need anymore fast food.  It was just announced not too long ago that Copeland’s New Orleans is coming to BA near 71st and 129th.  That is near Ted's.

quote:
Originally posted by osu9400

I am building in Broken Arrow @ Trinity Creek (well, it's Tulsa, but BA schools) and would like to see some nice restaurants going in. I don't want to sound pessimistic or cynical, but the list of restaurants that I have heard going into the Bass Pro district is less than appealing to me.
* Steak-n-Shake - no thanks.
* Toby Keith's - I haven't been to the one in OKC, but he looks like a dirty redneck. Will his restaurant be a big barn where you sit at picnic tables or on hay-bales?
* Los Cabos - Getting better. The joint on the River walk has a bit of an identity crisis with WAY over-priced drinks.
* Olive Garden - That's ok, but there are enough of those in town.
* PF Chang's - Even though I despise most chains, I would like to see this happen, but it is most likely a rumor. PFC doesn't seem to hold the strategy of putting multiple places in the same metro area.

Broken Arrow has a ton of fast food joints so we don't need any more of those. I would like to see nicer, more independent establishments come into the area. Every restaurant that opens in BA seems to thrive. I think this Bass Pro district would be very attractive to someone with a quality product to serve.

Does anyone have any insight of new restaurants in this area?

TeeDub
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:35:19 pm »

Runts BBQ is open now...  

Lonestar to be open soon.   (It looks finished, but I have yet to see the inevitable "Now Hiring" signs.)

aoxamaxoa
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 03:41:17 pm »

More of the same to help keep Oklahoma one of the nation's worst health states due to obesity. Shameful.
Cubs
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 04:57:58 pm »

quote:
More of the same to help keep Oklahoma one of the nation's worst health states due to obesity. Shameful.

Give me a break. People aren't fat because of the existence of restaurants, but because the lack of self control to stop eating or not exercising.

And yes, I think most people would say I am fat.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 06:38:03 pm »

No, you give me a break. These places take our money and send it to their corporations out of state and offer in return low paying jobs. They offer menus that are void of any health. Not only that, they continue to fry with trans fats a known agent in the cause of deadly diseases.

People are not fat because of restaurants. But there are too few and far between that offer up a good diet. Fat sold here. It adversley affects us all. Fast food nation and we are it's capitol.

So, do you support smoking too?

Support your local restaurants, clubs and musicians or loose the city identity.
Cubs
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »

quote:
These places take our money  

I'm pretty sure they aren't taking anyone's money. You have to give it to them.
People are free to do with there money as they wish. If they want to eat at Lone Star then fine. But did you ever think of the places outside Oklahoma that help Oklahoma? Have you ever eaten at a Sonic outside Oklahoma? How about a Camille's? Do you ever hear your out of state friends say that they went to Hobby Lobby? How about QT - ever fill up at a QuikTrip outside of Oklahoma?
I guess since we can't eat or shop anywhere with headquarters outside Oklahoma, those outside Oklahoma can't eat or shop at places with headquarters in Oklahoma. At least that it what it seems like you are implying.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 07:42:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TeeDub
Lonestar to be open soon.   (It looks finished, but I have yet to see the inevitable "Now Hiring" signs.)
Maybe they're taking their time like they did with the one on 71st st.  (ie empty for a few years)
TeeDub
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 10:07:26 am »

Oh, and a mile east of Bass Pro (in front of Lowes) is a "Buffalo Wild Wings."    Some sort of big sports bar/grill.   Looks to open early 2007.
unknown
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 04:28:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

quote:
Originally posted by TeeDub
Maybe they're taking their time like they did with the one on 71st st.  (ie empty for a few years)

I thought it was empty because it was built at the wrong location and lowes owned the property.

Buffalo Wild Wings is pretty good, but just a average sports bar though. WingRun, WingstoGo have just as good as wings as they do.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 08:41:40 am »

Tulsa, one of the unhealthiest cities in America.

You want our city to attract business here you better start with putting these junk food restaurants off your lists.

We need to do a lot better.....
unknown
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 09:05:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by aoxamaxoa

Tulsa, one of the unhealthiest cities in America.

You want our city to attract business here you better start with putting these junk food restaurants off your lists.

We need to do a lot better.....

That makes no sense to me, what does a restaurant have to do with bringing in business? Please explain this to me.

Most of these so called, "Junk food" places are getting rid of the trans-fat and already have health conscious menu items. Still there are plenty of gyms and trails around tulsa, but it is the restaurants fault that you are overweight...give me a break

Question, are you in good health?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 09:09:57 am »

Isn't that interesting, # one in hunger and tops in being out of shape and over weight, teenage pregnacies, divorce, homicide, etc. A church a gas station and a fast food restaurant on every corner. A connection?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 01:06:51 pm »

If Okies concentrated on what they eat and working out like I do, Men's Journal would rank us in the top  5 not the bottom 5, Unknown one.

You don't see the connection?

Well, if I am looking across the country for a place to move offices or a workforce, I want a place conducive to good health, good attitudes, and good people for several reasons.

Do you think there is a correlation between business and health? The artist seems to understand.

And do not buy into the bs restaurants put out about their new menus. Most salads etc. are still loaded with high calorie counts. Can you tell me of 5 healthy places to eat out in Tulsa? Go to any big city and there are lots of choices.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 01:24:05 pm »

The paper today said the poor who can't afford food are also overweight.

Last I checked you can buy a couple of cans of corn for the price of a large fry. But maybe I'm headed towards a different issue...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org