A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:38 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow Water Supply  (Read 24750 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »

Here we go again:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Broken-Arrow-declares-water-emergency-after-water/_8WyFosg9UWJjqV5zeZ96Q.cspx

Broken Arrow city officials say due to a break in a 24-inch water line near the intersection of 9th and Kenosha, the Acting City Manager declared a water emergency for all residents and business customers.

A mandatory water rationing order is in place. The line that broke is one year old.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 01:06:14 pm »

Yep. We got the automated call here at work letting us know.
I'll take this over the electric going out at the Mrs work yesterday on Sheridan.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 07:46:49 pm »

Yep. We got the automated call here at work letting us know.
I'll take this over the electric going out at the Mrs work yesterday on Sheridan.

That would be a tough choice.  No toilets or no air conditioning AND no lights in the rest room.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 07:51:04 pm »

Here we go again:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Broken-Arrow-declares-water-emergency-after-water/_8WyFosg9UWJjqV5zeZ96Q.cspx

Broken Arrow city officials say due to a break in a 24-inch water line near the intersection of 9th and Kenosha, the Acting City Manager declared a water emergency for all residents and business customers.

A mandatory water rationing order is in place. The line that broke is one year old.

Is the pipe breaking or the welds?  They didn't really say.

Cheap pipe or bad welders?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 10:08:47 pm »

Is the pipe breaking or the welds?  They didn't really say.
Cheap pipe or bad welders?

A one-year-old PVC pipe burst.

They are working quickly to complete a new pipe to Tulsa, so that instead of BA water blowing through their sieve it will be Tulsa water blowing through their sieve.
Im sure we wont mind rationing our water to help our third-world neighbors to the southeast.   Angry

That would be a tough choice.  No toilets or no air conditioning AND no lights in the rest room.

AEP is also being very tight-lipped about the rash of power failures throughout the area. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:14:57 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:52 am »

A one-year-old PVC pipe burst.

They are working quickly to complete a new pipe to Tulsa, so that instead of BA water blowing through their sieve it will be Tulsa water blowing through their sieve.
Im sure we wont mind rationing our water to help our third-world neighbors to the southeast.   Angry

AEP is also being very tight-lipped about the rash of power failures throughout the area.  

I was out there a few times over the last two years and that line - or part of it - goes north/south along 9th (Lynn Lane) for several miles.  That is a very thick, heavy wall PVC - about 1" thick - should be good for a few hundred psi.  Sounds like the installation either had issues or the earth shifted some.  The ends are an O-ring socket, slip joint (not welded).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org