A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:36:35 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VISIT THIS FRI-SAT--What Should We Do??  (Read 10243 times)
Johnboy976
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 09:01:47 pm »

Broken Arrow has good schools, but the property taxes have made it no better to live there than in Tulsa... for the most part. My parents lived in BA  for five years and ended up paying more in taxes than they did in a more expensive home in Tulsa.
AMP
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 10:14:44 pm »

quote:
--------------------------------------
Originally posted by AMP

I got in trouble rebuilding my Honda 305 ngine on my desk in my room during Study Hall time when I was a boarder student living in Driscoll Hall Dorm at Cascia Hall.

Tim Joyce and I carried the engine up two flights of stairs to our dorm room. The dorm father found out I had it in my room and gave me a speech about Cascia being an academic school and not an A&M and something about Aggies....

------------------------------------------------
inteller, wrote:

**** i know you. you have told that story in person."

--------------------------------------------

Reminds me of a line from A Clock Work Orange ... "I know you"  Try the Wine !  

Was the story better live in person than online? Smiley

Johnboy976
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 07:41:27 am »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, much better online (actually, I wasn't there when it was told live). :-)
jackcat
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46:58 am »

Thanks for all the posts, advice, etc. We are heading into Tulsa this AM from Joplin and looking forward to our visit!

Thanks again.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 10:22:17 am »

Enjoy yourself, just stay away from "The Ministry of Sound". [}:)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
osu9400
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2007, 11:07:11 am »

The property taxes will be higher in the 'better' school districts than in the TPS district.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnboy976

Broken Arrow has good schools, but the property taxes have made it no better to live there than in Tulsa... for the most part. My parents lived in BA  for five years and ended up paying more in taxes than they did in a more expensive home in Tulsa.

jackcat
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 11:21:56 am »

Thanks all for your input. Returned safely from Tulsa on Saturday night. Were impressed and loved your weather! Looks like we may end up being "okies" after all!

PS--drove by (not intentionally) the gun show on our way out of town, we were going to stop, but...........already have a gun!

Thanks!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 01:27:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by jackcat

Thanks all for your input. Returned safely from Tulsa on Saturday night. Were impressed and loved your weather! Looks like we may end up being "okies" after all!

PS--drove by (not intentionally) the gun show on our way out of town, we were going to stop, but...........already have a gun!

Thanks!

What all did you and the missus do while you were in town?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
jdb
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 03:27:03 pm »

Hell man, you can never have enough guns...just ask David Ker....well never mind, he's dead.

Saw twelve TN member's there loading up on cheap ammo and was surprised at the special poster (rico) who was hauling a ton of 50 cal. in Radio Flyer wagon.

IMO, that show represents 9% of Tulsa.
Fitness Show wieghs in at 12%.
Memorial Day at Bells was 19%.
But Home & Garden wins out - pushing 37%.

But so yeah, what did you wind up doing here?
What was the most embarrassing event?  
And - the biggie - did you stop in at any of our fine, gambling establishments?
If so, did you hold back enough gas money to get back home?

I had to walk last week, jdb

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org