A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:40:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meltdown in T-Town?  (Read 2698 times)
waterboy
« on: August 03, 2005, 07:08:36 am »

Respectfully submitted: Are there established criteria for locking and deleting a thread? I feel somewhat responsible for the direction of the thread "Lorton Supports Recall" that degenerated into a street fight recently. I tried to relate the slanted political reporting of Urban Tulsa to that of the Tulsa World using a recent front page UT story. Suddenly, (and before I could get in the last word:) the thread was locked and then disappeared.

It was a  BeeGees experience (I started a joke...which started the whole world crying...).

Frankly, my perception was that it was a typical political discussion in a political arena. Politics is more passion than reason and that thread was proof. But some people enjoy that kind of fight and its the only way they can communicate. They frustrate me but censorship frustrates me even more.

Since the removal of the topic, the politics area has slowed to a grind. One topic by my count. The parameters for discussion are not clear. Perhaps a warning from the authorities before shut down? Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org