A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:11:55 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2024 Projects  (Read 3194 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:43 am »

Burying the power lines will make that whole area look so much nicer.

Taking the cheap option of providing power from wooden poles is looking less cheap as more costly, deadly fires are being blamed on rotting poles and downed lines.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 10:43:29 am »

We have buried power lines and it is exceptionally good!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 09:21:08 pm »

Yeah I'm not looking forward to the process, but very much looking forward to the results.

Burying the power lines will make that whole area look so much nicer.

Do you happen to know if the street rehab will include and major changes? Like I recalling what they did with Cherry Street, moving it from 2 lanes on each side to one and adding the slanted parking. Is something like that happening in Brookside or are they just keeping the same configuration but repairing it?

It's also a bummer to hear that a few of the bigger developments are stalled, but hopefully they will get going again soon.

Other than power line burial, I don’t know what they’re planning on Peoria but I’d be surprised if they make major changes to lane configurations - it’s still a major arterial. But I’ve been surprised before.

I agree the slowdown is a bummer but it will come back. The property values are going up too fast. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 09:22:41 pm by Tulsan » Logged
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2024, 08:44:43 am »

We begged them to bury the lines on Cherry Street during the rebuild and they said it was too expensive. Glad Brookside is getting it, but what a waste to not do it on Cherry Street.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org