Mystery water source in yard

(1/1)

Markk:
I have a bog forming in my front yard over the last couple of weeks.  I had a plumber out and the City as well.  The plumber looked and showed me that there was no leak in my line.  The City said there was no leak in its line as well. I’m left with a slowly growing bog that today was able to suck my shoe off my foot.  Before I’m left with a condition that looks like a developing federally protected wetland, can anyone offer ideas of other possible sources?

heironymouspasparagus:
Quote from: Markk on June 15, 2023, 04:30:05 pm

I have a bog forming in my front yard over the last couple of weeks.  I had a plumber out and the City as well.  The plumber looked and showed me that there was no leak in my line.  The City said there was no leak in its line as well. I’m left with a slowly growing bog that today was able to suck my shoe off my foot.  Before I’m left with a condition that looks like a developing federally protected wetland, can anyone offer ideas of other possible sources?

Several.   It really is a leak.  Get your shovel out and start digging.  Next to the wettest part, not directly over it!   If there is a leak you don't want to hit it and make it worse!  Very likely you will find it....

Even though city, are you on septic tank?  Or can you tell if city sewer is anywhere nearby?   That is excellent possibility, too.   Again, start digging.  Wear high top rubber boots.  Wear gloves, and goggles or safety glasses.

Enjoy!   You are in for a whole lot of fun!!  Well, no.... I lied....you are going to have no fun at all!  (Ask me how I know!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index