A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:47 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KRMG didnt used to be this crazy  (Read 6181 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2023, 09:28:05 am »

Hmmm, let's see. KOKI Fox 23 is a local affiliate reporting in a local story and trying to do so with as little political bias or opinion.

Love it when there is a little bit of humor injected into these political conversations....   "as little political bias or opinion."   That's great!

It's STILL  Putin Fox News.   With local flavor and color.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2023, 03:15:49 pm »

I haven't attended a church service of any kind since W was in office Obama was halfway through his first term, (I have a sort of allergic reaction to any organized religion) but I seem to remember that some have gone to LED lit candles for some things.

I doubt very seriously the Catholic Church would stop using an actual candle in this case, since it's part of the history/tradition/ritual of the eucharist candle.

As for the design of the one shown, that's probably to comply with building/fire codes.

Indeed, further reading on this and I do see that the Counsel of Bishops or something requires it to be an actual candle. Shame they couldn't require their clergy to not rape children but I digress.

So, DHS agreed to let them have their candle and just required they put up a warning sign that an open flame is in use in the area and to keep oxygen away from it - an easy compromise that required nothing more than a letter. Here's the kicker - how was that sign not already there? Holy crap St Francis - I'm sure you have signage galore about pacemakers around the microwaves in the hospital. At least now, in the admittedly unlikely event something would happen, if a fire were to start from the Eucharist candle at least the Feds can say 'welp - we tried'.

I will say all the articles I found of churches and people in churches catching on fire from lit candles did get an eye-roll from me.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2023, 03:27:18 pm »

Indeed, further reading on this and I do see that the Counsel of Bishops or something requires it to be an actual candle.

It seems the right choice.  I noticed Utica Square replaced all their gaslight flames with LED. Somehow, it just looses something...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org