A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:53:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th & College  (Read 2804 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: December 02, 2022, 12:39:10 pm »

Anyone know what the plans are for this corner?  The building that was there has been demolished.  Please God don’t say drive-through coffee shop or dispensary  Embarrassed

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 04:51:36 pm »

Anyone know what the plans are for this corner?  The building that was there has been demolished.  Please God don’t say drive-through coffee shop or dispensary  Embarrassed

The lot doesn't look big enough for a Walgreens or CVS so probably a cell phone store and nail salon.   Grin

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 05:27:16 pm »

It will be a second Reeder's (the first being at 21st/Lewis).  I don't know if they're going to have gas pumps/car service or just the convenience store.  Their local goods/candy shop has been so successful in midtown that they've been looking to expand for awhile.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 05:29:23 pm »

I figure there's an 85% chance it will be a parking lot, a 14.9% chance it will remain a vacant lot for the next 20 years and a 0.1% chance of it being something urban/walkable. 

If something is developed there, I figure there's a 90% chance of being pushed back from the street with parking in front, a 9.9% chance of being a drive-thru, and a 0.1% chance of being something urban/walkable.   Grin
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 11:24:38 pm »

It will be a second Reeder's (the first being at 21st/Lewis).  I don't know if they're going to have gas pumps/car service or just the convenience store.  Their local goods/candy shop has been so successful in midtown that they've been looking to expand for awhile.

Interesting, hopefully they see the value in creating an urban storefront.  Bill & Ruths did it a few blocks away.  It should be part of the building code like it is further down 15th.  This corridor could be a really cool, walkable commercial district if a few key parcels are developed the right way.  You have Renaissance/TU to the north and Florence Park to the south.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 11:27:26 pm by SXSW » Logged

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 06:37:05 am »

It would be a weird location for a gas station. I'm surprised they didn't just grab one of the lots at 15th and Delaware - larger lot, cheaper price, much better location and already cleared out so another old building wouldn't have to have been torn down. Not that what was torn down was anything special, but it was an original 30s brick building - I hate seeing those go away.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 12:01:25 pm »

The old beauty supply building on 15th and Florence Pl is being worked on as well. Interior has been demoed. I live right next to both of these sites, I really hope something walkable/urban is in the plans.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 02:55:37 pm »

Reeder's did buy this so looks like it is going to be a second location if they build one (LLC holding the land after the recent sale is REEDER AND LEDBETTER 2 LLC). I hope they at least put the building facing the street with pumps in the back but I highly doubt that'll happen.

I don't understand why this part of 15th hasn't had a road diet yet. There's no reason this section between the BA and Harvard can't looks just like the section between Utica and Peoria. It has a ton of older street facing buildings that could become a really cool little strip. The traffic counts don't justify having 2 through lanes. A simple repainting of the street would make a huge difference with some on street parking and a long-term plan to do some streetscaping and this area could be Cherry Street east.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 02:57:53 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 03:35:35 pm »

Reeder's did buy this so looks like it is going to be a second location if they build one (LLC holding the land after the recent sale is REEDER AND LEDBETTER 2 LLC). I hope they at least put the building facing the street with pumps in the back but I highly doubt that'll happen.

I don't understand why this part of 15th hasn't had a road diet yet. There's no reason this section between the BA and Harvard can't looks just like the section between Utica and Peoria. It has a ton of older street facing buildings that could become a really cool little strip. The traffic counts don't justify having 2 through lanes. A simple repainting of the street would make a huge difference with some on street parking and a long-term plan to do some streetscaping and this area could be Cherry Street east.

It would be really unusual to have a gas station mid-block.  They also only have 24,500 sf there so if they did gas it would only be 2-4 pumps.  Hoping it's more of a neighborhood market and commercial kitchen for their prepared foods that fronts 15th with parking behind.  That is what should be on this site and it's ridiculous that isn't what is required in this area.

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 08:12:57 pm »

It’s already been designed, just waiting for it to be put out to bid by city staff. There may be a holdup where they were finalizing tiny eminent domain on the corners of 15th/delaware to expand right of way for intersection improvements.

Wish they’d bury the lines. There’s no streetscaping planned. Maybe if the merchant base becomes more robust in the future.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 12:32:54 pm »

It’s already been designed, just waiting for it to be put out to bid by city staff. There may be a holdup where they were finalizing tiny eminent domain on the corners of 15th/delaware to expand right of way for intersection improvements.

Wish they’d bury the lines. There’s no streetscaping planned. Maybe if the merchant base becomes more robust in the future.

I remember seeing the initial proposals and that they had altered it a bit and released a new document on the design but can't seem to find it. Do you know where it is posted?
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 05:22:10 pm »

I kind of wish ABC Equipment Rental would find a new location.  I am glad for them that they are successful, but what they are does not fit well along that stretch of road. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org