A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:39 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Process to get sewer to property?  (Read 1756 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: November 23, 2022, 09:45:14 am »

Pardon my ignorance but...
... Theoretically speaking, if "someone" were looking at some property say just off the new Gilcrease Expressway, Osage county, but is still in the Tulsa city limits, but that property does not have sewer... what would it entail to get sewer to said property?

The land is zoned agricultural, but my assumption is that the Gilcrease Expressway was built in part with the expectation that higher density/use development would follow so assuming that rezoning, to say retail, would not be out of the question.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 10:11:57 am »

You have to find the closest sewer line and see who owns it. You would have to verify that the slopes work out so that it is possible to actually lay a gravity sewer line at minimum grade or better from your property to the nearest line. Then there's easements to figure out. It's not a simple process unless the sewer is running right past your property. Might have to look into septic, but that has it's host of issues too.
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 11:00:15 am »

Oh hey! This is something I do lots. But I'm going to hope you have a pipe downstream to tie into.

https://maps.cityoftulsa.org/MapGallery/ - Find engineering atlas, turn on Sanitary Sewer. The green lines are City of Tulsa sanitary sewer. If you are in that 7-N range of sanitary sewer, then the city can handle you pretty easily. I'd assume something like $200+/foot to get from your property to the city line. There are lots of way to help bring that number down, but that number isn't going down to $20/foot. We have done it in the past where you basically charge anybody new that wants to tie in a fee to help you recoup the costs as well.

If you are outside of that range, then you are looking at hiring an engineering or planning consultant, going to the city to talk about how this can work, and may be looking at lift stations and such. Because it will be osage county/nation and the soils it can become expensive to do work out there or so I have heard. Honestly if you are outside that, then it is probably TIF/grant level of work and is waaaay above what I have ever done.

I'll send you a DM with contact info. I have some free time over the holidays and can send you some information if you give me a better location.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 02:08:45 pm »

Oh hey! This is something I do lots. But I'm going to hope you have a pipe downstream to tie into.

https://maps.cityoftulsa.org/MapGallery/ - Find engineering atlas, turn on Sanitary Sewer. The green lines are City of Tulsa sanitary sewer. If you are in that 7-N range of sanitary sewer, then the city can handle you pretty easily. I'd assume something like $200+/foot to get from your property to the city line. There are lots of way to help bring that number down, but that number isn't going down to $20/foot. We have done it in the past where you basically charge anybody new that wants to tie in a fee to help you recoup the costs as well.

If you are outside of that range, then you are looking at hiring an engineering or planning consultant, going to the city to talk about how this can work, and may be looking at lift stations and such. Because it will be osage county/nation and the soils it can become expensive to do work out there or so I have heard. Honestly if you are outside that, then it is probably TIF/grant level of work and is waaaay above what I have ever done.

Looks like the nearest green line is about 1,200 feet away (that's from the closest edge of the property to that line). The property I was looking at is near the intersection of the Gilcrease expressway and N 41st W Ave.  There is at least a water line at the north end of the property along W 34th St N.

I'll send you a DM with contact info. I have some free time over the holidays and can send you some information if you give me a better location.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 02:09:09 pm »

Looks like the nearest green line (City Sewer) is about 1,200 feet away (that's from the closest edge of the property to that line). The property I was looking at is near the intersection of the Gilcrease expressway and N 41st W Ave.  There is at least a water line at the north end of the property along W 34th St N.

buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 02:42:49 pm »

Looks like the nearest green line (City Sewer) is about 1,200 feet away (that's from the closest edge of the property to that line). The property I was looking at is near the intersection of the Gilcrease expressway and N 41st W Ave.  There is at least a water line at the north end of the property along W 34th St N.

Yeah. The NE corner looks relatively straight forward. I don't know if Tulsa has any funds to help expansion in that area, but the pipes appear to be deep enough for you. You may have to jump over a hurdle for easements and maybe corps of engineer permits, but it shouldn't be "difficult".
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 01:37:51 pm »

Kinda rocky over there - gonna make life much more "interesting".

How big is it?   If more than couple acres, septic is gonna be easier and MUCH cheaper!!   And if 10 acres or so, or more, sewage lagoon is gonna be a bargain!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org