A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:46:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voters by Precinct  (Read 5171 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: June 28, 2022, 12:36:21 pm »

Does someone know where to find the number of registered voters in a precinct?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 03:02:34 pm »

Does someone know where to find the number of registered voters in a precinct?

I often see it in the election results by precinct reports after elections. I bet it will be published tonight with the results. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 04:54:35 pm »

How bizarre is that... wouldn't think it would be that tough to find!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 05:04:16 pm »

I thought it would be on the Tulsa Co Election Board site but I couldn't find it.  I was voter number 178 today around noon and was curious how many voters are in my precinct.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 04:58:03 am »

I couldn't find numbers on registered voters (still looking) but this page contains pdfs of all the districts with their population totals if that helps. https://www.okhouse.gov/publications/GISDistrictMapsReports2.aspx#House_District_Maps

Quickie number crunching puts registered voters at about 56-ish% if that helps.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 10:29:14 am »

"More than half the votes for Gov. Kevin Stitt were on ballots marked “straight party,” as were those for state Superintendent-elect Ryan Walters."
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/straight-party-option-accounts-for-more-than-half-of-stitts-reelection-vote/article_de50ab68-613a-11ed-8378-2796661eb53a.html

So basically he was re-elected by people who barely put forth the effort of voting at all.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 12:13:42 pm »

"More than half the votes for Gov. Kevin Stitt were on ballots marked “straight party,” as were those for state Superintendent-elect Ryan Walters."
So basically he was re-elected by people who barely put forth the effort of voting at all.

Which is how the Democratic Party kept control of local and state elections for so long, until they didn't.

I think the "straight party" boxes should be illegal.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 03:21:43 pm »

Going to take a long time before the state does away with Straight party voting, as long as it favors the majority party in charge--just don't see changes anytime soon.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 05:09:06 pm »

Going to take a long time before the state does away with Straight party voting, as long as it favors the majority party in charge--just don't see changes anytime soon.

I don't see it ever happening for the reason you state.  But...I still thing it should be illegal.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 05:24:35 pm »

I'm not sure which is worse - straight party voting or someone actually taking the trouble to vote for Stitt and Walters specifically.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 08:07:51 pm »

I'm not sure which is worse - straight party voting or someone actually taking the trouble to vote for Stitt and Walters specifically.

I would rather have someone intentionally pick someone individually that I don't like rather than blindly pick someone by voting by party.  It's not much better but at least they are voting by individual candidates.

I can think of more than one Democrat that I feel got elected by party rather than by individual qualifications.  (Most of them in the 70s through 90s until the right wing wackos took over the Republican party.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org