A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhymes with "Stitt"  (Read 36253 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2022, 03:34:13 pm »

Right up there with out piece of Stitt is Ron DeSantis of Florida.

Is there anyone on this planet that believes anything he says??   Anyone with a brain....

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis asked if people ever sought testing to see if they were sick before the coronavirus pandemic: 'Think about it'.

Ya mean like TB tests?  Colonoscopies.  Blood sugar screens at annual Dr visits.  Mammograms. 

Preventative medicine of all kinds, by smart people who don't vote for dipsticks like him.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-gov-ron-desantis-asked-182329125.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2022, 10:11:12 pm »

Right up there with out piece of Stitt is Ron DeSantis of Florida.
Is there anyone on this planet that believes anything he says??   Anyone with a brain....
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis asked if people ever sought testing to see if they were sick before the coronavirus pandemic: 'Think about it'.
Ya mean like TB tests?  Colonoscopies.  Blood sugar screens at annual Dr visits.  Mammograms. 
Preventative medicine of all kinds, by smart people who don't vote for dipsticks like him.

People leaving the Republican party in droves because of candidates like Stitt, DeSantis..... ensure that they will continue to be re-elected since any other Republicans have no chance to win a Primary Election.  There must be a Republican equivalent of Yellow Dog Democrats,

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2022, 10:18:31 am »

People leaving the Republican party in droves because of candidates like Stitt, DeSantis..... ensure that they will continue to be re-elected since any other Republicans have no chance to win a Primary Election.  There must be a Republican equivalent of Yellow Dog Democrats,

Yeah...they are called Democrats.

There is plenty of room for pretty much everyone, from extreme moderate (like me) to extreme radical.  Even Joe Manchin.  None of which is very coherent or organized.

Remember the Will Rogers saying?   " “I belong to no organized party; I am a Democrat,”

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2022, 10:22:10 am »

No better place that I can easily find for this....just got one of the 8-10 Medicare scam calls coming today.

Medicare Scam Call DuJour...

Scammer;   This is <insert fake name here> calling from Medicare Services about your new card....

Me;  Why would I need a Medicare card?   I am only 34 years old.

Scammer;  You don't have a Medicare card?   You don't need to lie about it....!

Me;  Laughing.  Still.  After 10 minutes or so....

They would make such good Republicans!  If they weren't in India.

And before someone gets their panties in a wad about me commenting on India, I have both friends and relatives from India - Pune, Mumbai, and Ganj McCleod areas.  All of whom  are great people.  They are NOT scammers and would not make good Republicans!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:24:45 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2022, 11:39:28 am »

There must be a Republican equivalent of Yellow Dog Democrats,

Yeah...they are called Democrats.

I think you and I have a different interpretation of the term Yellow Dog Democrat.  I was looking for a term to describe Republicans that would never vote for any Democrat.  Maybe call them Yellow Dog Republicans since the party affiliation seems to have flipped.

From Wiki:
Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for candidates who represented the Democratic Party. The term originated in the late 19th century. These voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_dog_Democrat

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2022, 12:28:22 pm »

There must be a Republican equivalent of Yellow Dog Democrats,

I think you and I have a different interpretation of the term Yellow Dog Democrat.  I was looking for a term to describe Republicans that would never vote for any Democrat.  Maybe call them Yellow Dog Republicans since the party affiliation seems to have flipped.

From Wiki:
Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for candidates who represented the Democratic Party. The term originated in the late 19th century. These voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_dog_Democrat

Same definition.  I was just trying to warp it into something else - didn't work.   

I guess the actual term for them would be idiot.  Or fascist.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2022, 01:24:25 pm »

I guess the actual term for them would be idiot.  Or fascist.

Idiot is not party specific enough.  There are plenty of idiots regardless of party affiliation.

I think fascist is a bit extreme.  It's kind of like labeling Democrats as communists.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2022, 04:00:49 pm »

Idiot is not party specific enough.  There are plenty of idiots regardless of party affiliation.

I think fascist is a bit extreme.  It's kind of like labeling Democrats as communists.

Is it though? I mean, they're really really really knocking on that door. Plus, labeling the opposing political party communist is pretty much a fascist go-to not to mention the strange affinity for khaki pants. But - if you like - we could just refer to them as Y'all Qaeda.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2022, 12:22:40 pm »

Idiot is not party specific enough.  There are plenty of idiots regardless of party affiliation.

I think fascist is a bit extreme.  It's kind of like labeling Democrats as communists.

I am talking about the Hijacked Republican Party.  And they very much ARE fascists!

NOT real Republicans like mentioned previously.  Unfortunately there are just too few of them left to really qualify.  At least too few with cojones big enough to count.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2022, 07:18:39 pm »

Is it though? I mean, they're really really really knocking on that door. Plus, labeling the opposing political party communist is pretty much a fascist go-to not to mention the strange affinity for khaki pants. But - if you like - we could just refer to them as Y'all Qaeda.

This may better fit the bill:

https://www.justsecurity.org/72339/qanon-is-a-nazi-cult-rebranded/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2022, 06:46:56 am »

I think you're reich. I mean right.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2022, 01:06:55 pm »

I think you're reich. I mean right.

Let the prison guards substitute teach in schools, as long as they dont have to wear masks
/s
https://nondoc.com/2022/01/18/stitt-letting-state-employees-sub/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2022, 01:20:01 pm »

Let the prison guards substitute teach in schools, as long as they dont have to wear masks
/s
https://nondoc.com/2022/01/18/stitt-letting-state-employees-sub/

They would need a 4-6 week FBI background check. So maybe?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2022, 01:17:32 pm »

"Well the concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,"   -- Moscow Mitch McConnell.

This IS the biggest problem in this country.  They used to think Black people (and Native Americans, and Chinese) were not human, but now they just think they are not Americans!  I guess that is progress...??

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-says-black-people-141822060.html

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2022, 06:43:34 pm »

"Well the concern is misplaced, because if you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans,"   -- Moscow Mitch McConnell.

This IS the biggest problem in this country.  They used to think Black people (and Native Americans, and Chinese) were not human, but now they just think they are not Americans!  I guess that is progress...??

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcconnell-says-black-people-141822060.html

Maybe the Dems should pull a page from the Republican playbook and instead call him Mitch McCommunism since his wife was born in the PRC. It's a logical conclusion by their rules.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org