A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:40:04 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garth Brooks  (Read 6250 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: June 13, 2023, 09:49:59 am »

Garth Brooks raised the ire of some country music fans after saying he'd serve "every brand of beer" at his new bar — including Bud Light, which conservatives have criticized for its recent collaboration with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Bud Light's collaboration with Mulvaney led to a widespread boycott of the brand and extravagant shows of force against the beer. In one case, MAGA-world favorite Kid Rock filmed himself shooting several cases of the beer to show his disdain for the partnership.

Several bars in the same section of lower Broadway, including Kid Rock's Big (donkey) Honky Tonk Rock n' Roll Steakhouse, removed Bud Light from the menu in early April, but when Insider looked at the steakhouse's website in June, the beer was back on the menu.

https://www.insider.com/garth-brooks-bud-light-bar-boycott-response-2023-6

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 12:35:06 pm »

Good for Garth. It's his business, he can sell what ever beer or booze he wants. The last time I drank any Budweiser product, Clinton was in his second term, and the last time I had a Bud Light I think Ronnie Raygun was in office.

If I were to go to Na$hville, I'm not the customer demo for the "Star Bars". I'd rather support the local mom & pop or regional places and get something good then overpay for meh food.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 05:26:17 am »

Garth Brooks raised the ire of some country music fans after saying he'd serve "every brand of beer" at his new bar — including Bud Light, which conservatives have criticized for its recent collaboration with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Bud Light's collaboration with Mulvaney led to a widespread boycott of the brand and extravagant shows of force against the beer. In one case, MAGA-world favorite Kid Rock filmed himself shooting several cases of the beer to show his disdain for the partnership.

Several bars in the same section of lower Broadway, including Kid Rock's Big (donkey) Honky Tonk Rock n' Roll Steakhouse, removed Bud Light from the menu in early April, but when Insider looked at the steakhouse's website in June, the beer was back on the menu.

https://www.insider.com/garth-brooks-bud-light-bar-boycott-response-2023-6

Kid Rock will do anything he can to stretch his 15 minutes of fame into an ongoing business venture.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 02:06:38 pm »

Got to thinking about this, and I remembered when I met Garth in 1989 when he came to see his half sister Betsy Smittle and her band playing in the bar I worked at. It was called Doolittle's and it was where Pryer Aerospace is now on North Sheridan. It was a popular place with Spartan Students and guys from the shop at American Airlines, as well as other airport workers.

Something people probably don't know or don't remember is that Betsy was gay. There was a guy that worked for American who came in quite frequently and when he found out about Betsy he immediately started telling everyone that it was a gay bar.

So this should help explain his stance on things.

Betsy Smittle, Garth Brooks' half-sister and a longtime member of his band, died Saturday (Nov. 2) in Oklahoma at age 60. A cause of death has not been announced, and funeral services are pending in Tulsa, Okla.

Smittle was a bass guitar player and vocalist who toured with Brooks' band, Stillwater, for several years. She performed on his 1991 debut album Ropin' the Wind and later albums including The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses and the Double Live concert album. She also appeared in TV specials such as This Is Garth Brooks and This Is Garth Brooks, Too.

Smittle's early musical inspiration came from her mother, the late Colleen Carroll, a country singer in the '40s and '50s who was married to musician Jim Smittle. Following Carroll's divorce from Smittle, she married Troyal Raymond Brooks.

In addition to her work with Brooks, Smittle released a solo album, Rough Around the Edges in 1994. She also toured with Oklahoma singer Gus Hardin and appeared on her 2001 album, I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can

Smittle, a gay rights advocate, performed at gay pride events throughout Oklahoma.

https://www.cmt.com/news/145ssa/betsy-smittle-garth-brooks-half-sister-dies-at-age-60
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 02:54:30 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 03:55:36 pm »

Yep!   Kid Rock, no-talent fascist has been, has Bud Light back on the menu!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 08:57:55 am »

Yep!   Kid Rock, no-talent fascist has been, has Bud Light back on the menu!

Now his fans can get back to drinking piss while listening to sh!t.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 08:02:40 pm »

Now his fans can get back to drinking piss while listening to sh!t.

Not a fan of beer, and especially don't like Bud Light...or any Lite.  But may have to go to store and buy a case just to support the company.  Can use it for fried fish batter maybe?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org