A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:59:48 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IronMan  (Read 2135 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« on: May 26, 2021, 10:15:21 am »

Anyone here take part in the Ironman? I understand the event brought in almost $15 million dollars to the Tulsa economy.
A local weatherman entered the event. That is one tuff grueling event, the top dogs from Tulsa  move on to Kona, Hawaii to try for the world championship title.
I'm a runner so I would not do good in the cycling or swimming part, it'll take alot of training to do an IronMan.
The swimming part is the hardest so I guess that's why it's done first to weed out the slowest and thin the herd for the other two events.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 10:19:24 am »

The "Tulsa Tuff" cycling event is coming up next month.
TATUR Racing  used to put on a 50 mile overnight run around the Riverside Trails, guess they are not doing that anymore. That's like doing a double Marathon.
The runners who did the event said during the late night they see all sorts of wild-life around the river banks, during the day all the animals are in hiding.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 02:06:17 pm »

Friday, my wife and I ran into a couple of blokes from Great Britain, who wives were in the IronMan competition.  We had a few beers at the bar at McNellies and had a very enjoyable conversation about the competition, politics, Formula 1, etc. Of course their wives weren't with them at the bar  Wink.  We live at Lake Keystone and woke up Sunday 6:15am to see the swimmers do their thing at  Keystone State Park.  It's an amazing competition and I'm glad Tulsa could host this event.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org