A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:09:24 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Supply warehouses at 424 North Boulder  (Read 11755 times)
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 09:35:32 am »

"Tea Shop" looks amaing.   Grin
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 09:36:25 am »

It definitely looks like they added a second tower that’s not in the previous permitting plans. However that could just be an earlier concept that the architect shared for fun. No way to check u til the ransomware attack is resolved and the permitting portal is back up and running.

I had looked through permits a few months ago and didn't see anything new for that site - so it could either be very new to the design or an older concept. My bet is it's not an older concept given the quality of the rendering. Rendering like that are in the thousands of dollars because they are sent to third parties to complete usually unless Lily has someone on staff who is a rendering wizard. So I doubt they would have wasted money for that upfront on just a concept idea.

It's not surprising at all to me that they greatly expanded capacity. Remember that it's housing for GKFF folks. Those programs are expanding all the time, including those of at Holberton. I think this has just been waiting for the OKPop museum to get closer to completion. It has access to the east choked off.

I had heard that the plan was for most of this to be housing for Holberton and was why they applied for workforce housing funds from the state a while back. I'm still confused on what happened with that, because they were awarded fund but I have never been able to find much more details on the requirements that came with that award if there was a time frame required for them to start and complete the project. I know it required a certain amount of units to be set aside at 80% AMI at least.

Looks like the new tower is only 5 stories above the retail, so that portion might be the workforce housing component and would likely be wood construction above the retail podium. Then the tower part might be market rate residential units. Just speculation on my part though.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 09:12:17 am »

It's alive:
https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/320-unit-multifamily-development-gets-ok-from-partnertulsa-work-starts-next-month-in-arts-district/article_0449b644-0f7c-11ee-857d-fb3537ea7b84.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Awesome that this is moving ahead, and great that construction is almost about to start! This is going to do wonders for our resiliency. Having affordable housing for the local workforce is so important.

This plus the development that includes the Arrive hotel across from Hunt Club will really reshape the area over the next year. That's going to be around 500 new residents for the arts district.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 12:04:33 pm »

Renderings from the TW

« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 12:12:47 pm by SXSW » Logged

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2023, 01:23:07 pm »

Very good news - 7 stories will be a good jolt of height in the area. Downtown population should continue to increase!
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2023, 11:29:50 am »

Work is starting to pick up again on this site, seen some earth movement happening.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2023, 01:17:34 pm »

That's good to hear. Hopefully the Arrive hotel/apartment project just south of this is also about to kick off. It is due to start this month. These two huge projects together will be a seismic shift for the Arts district.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2023, 04:23:35 pm »

That's good to hear. Hopefully the Arrive hotel/apartment project just south of this is also about to kick off. It is due to start this month. These two huge projects together will be a seismic shift for the Arts district.

I've heard the Pivot mixed-use garage/apartment/hotel project construction start has been pushed to the beginning of 2024.  Still moving along but not yet in for permit review.  It will be interesting to see which starts first: The Annex or Pivot..?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org