A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:52:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updating planitulsa: Input Sessions  (Read 7032 times)
dsjeffries
City Father

« on: January 23, 2021, 03:09:19 pm »

http://tulsaplanning.org/planitulsa/

The Tulsa Planning Office is updating planitulsa, and we're looking for residents to provide input into each of the chapters. We're hosting Zoom meetings where each participant is paired with a staff member who will take down your thoughts on what the plan should include. We started this week with the Transportation and Parks & Recreation chapters, and there are several more in the coming weeks.

Each chapter of planitulsa will have two online community input sessions hosted on Zoom: one during the work week, and one during the weekend (18 in all).

There is no formal presentation –  this is a chance for us to hear from you directly. Drop in at any time to offer your comments.

In addition, there are three other ways to provide input:
• Leave us a Voicemail: 918-579-9490
• Send an Email: planitulsa@incog.org
• Take our Survey: research.net/r/planitulsa2020

Visit tulsaplanning.org/planitulsa to register for a session and for more information, or follow us on Facebook.

Transportation
Tues., Jan. 19, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 23, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.

Parks & Recreation
Thurs., Jan. 21, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 23, 1-4 p.m.

History, Culture, and Creativity
Mon., Jan. 25, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 30, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.

Communities
Tues., Jan. 26, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 30, 1-4 p.m.

Economic Development
Thurs., Jan. 28, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 30, 4-7 p.m.

Environment & Natural Resources
Mon., Feb. 1, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 6, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.

Public Services
Tues., Feb. 2, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 6, 1-4 p.m.

Housing
Thurs., Feb. 4, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 6, 4-7 p.m.

Future Land Use
Tues., Feb. 9, 4-7 p.m.
Sat., Feb. 13, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 09:08:07 pm »

http://tulsaplanning.org/planitulsa/

The Tulsa Planning Office is updating planitulsa, and we're looking for residents to provide input into each of the chapters. We're hosting Zoom meetings where each participant is paired with a staff member who will take down your thoughts on what the plan should include. We started this week with the Transportation and Parks & Recreation chapters, and there are several more in the coming weeks.

An open house on the city’s proposed comprehensive plan update was derailed after a group of attendees began shouting down presenters and claiming that the plan was part of a global conspiracy tied to communism and the United Nations, according to city officials who attended the meeting.

Susan Miller, director of the Tulsa Planning Office, which staffed the Thursday night meeting and is responsible for putting the update together, said several people left the meeting once the commotion started.

“They started ganging up on our people,” Miller said of those questioning the intent of the plan.

The city’s comprehensive plan, commonly referred to as PlaniTulsa, is the city’s vision for the physical development of the city. It addresses everything from infrastructure to transportation to land use to housing — and more.

Thursday’s open house was the first of nine planned throughout the city to gather public input before the update goes before the Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission.

The opposition to the plan appears to have been organized on Facebook. A recent message urged people to meet at Victory Church, 7700 S. Lewis Ave., to hear former University of Tulsa instructor Julianne Romanello “prepare us for the battle to defeat this Anti-Freedom Agenda.”

According to the post, the “tyrannical implications” of implementing the comprehensive plan would include, but not be limited to, localization of the U.N.’s sustainable development agenda, increased constitutional surveillance, taxing people out of their property, and further destruction of public education.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/tulsa-planning-meeting-disrupted-by-crowd-alleging-global-conspiracies-officials-say/article_8ae34ea0-7264-11ed-99ca-3f0f3cc1983b.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 09:24:53 pm »

An open house on the city’s proposed comprehensive plan update was derailed after a group of attendees began shouting down presenters and claiming that the plan was part of a global conspiracy tied to communism and the United Nations, according to city officials who attended the meeting.

Susan Miller, director of the Tulsa Planning Office, which staffed the Thursday night meeting and is responsible for putting the update together, said several people left the meeting once the commotion started.

“They started ganging up on our people,” Miller said of those questioning the intent of the plan.

The city’s comprehensive plan, commonly referred to as PlaniTulsa, is the city’s vision for the physical development of the city. It addresses everything from infrastructure to transportation to land use to housing — and more.

Thursday’s open house was the first of nine planned throughout the city to gather public input before the update goes before the Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission.

The opposition to the plan appears to have been organized on Facebook. A recent message urged people to meet at Victory Church, 7700 S. Lewis Ave., to hear former University of Tulsa instructor Julianne Romanello “prepare us for the battle to defeat this Anti-Freedom Agenda.”

According to the post, the “tyrannical implications” of implementing the comprehensive plan would include, but not be limited to, localization of the U.N.’s sustainable development agenda, increased constitutional surveillance, taxing people out of their property, and further destruction of public education.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/tulsa-planning-meeting-disrupted-by-crowd-alleging-global-conspiracies-officials-say/article_8ae34ea0-7264-11ed-99ca-3f0f3cc1983b.html

I just went down a rabbit hole looking up this and the people behind it. They are insane. Coo Coo for Co Co Pufs.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 10:50:52 pm »

I just went down a rabbit hole looking up this and the people behind it. They are insane. Coo Coo for Co Co Pufs.

Thank you for going there first.

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 09:19:52 pm »

Romanello is pretty convinced it's the Jews behind everything. Oh, and the Muslims. And the ever-present boogieman to Christianity, the Masons. Possibly Disney.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 10:35:09 pm »

Romanello is pretty convinced it's the Jews behind everything. Oh, and the Muslims. And the ever-present boogieman to Christianity, the Masons. Possibly Disney.

I have to admit I am concerned about the County Assessor raising my property assessment as much as possible, as often as possible.

Public schools need to be fixed, not disbanded. Exactly what "fixed" is, To Be Determined.  I cannot imagine that the loud voices demanding public support for charter and religious based schools would welcome anything other than Christian schools.  I want my 1st Amendment right to freedom from your religion.  (Any religion)

Sustainable will need to be eased into.  Cannot just go Carbon Free, as we are finding out with gasoline and natural gas prices, without crippling the economy.  There will be some rough edges to contend with.

I hope I don't get my house fire bombed for this post.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 12:30:29 pm »

I have to admit I am concerned about the County Assessor raising my property assessment as much as possible, as often as possible.

Public schools need to be fixed, not disbanded. Exactly what "fixed" is, To Be Determined.  I cannot imagine that the loud voices demanding public support for charter and religious based schools would welcome anything other than Christian schools.  I want my 1st Amendment right to freedom from your religion.  (Any religion)

Sustainable will need to be eased into.  Cannot just go Carbon Free, as we are finding out with gasoline and natural gas prices, without crippling the economy.  There will be some rough edges to contend with.

I hope I don't get my house fire bombed for this post.

Have these groups shown up at any of the other meetings? Haven't heard much about this after that first one.

BTW just because the county assessor raises the value of your house or property by a lot doesn't mean your taxable value goes up by the same amount. Your taxable value is capped and at the end of the day you pay property taxes based on what you buy a property for since Oklahoma is a disclosure state. The assessor just marks up the value to the purchase price then typically will only raise your taxable value at maximum 5% (outside of Oklahoma/Tulsa county most assessors rarely hit 5% increases a year on any property) - it's literally written into the Oklahoma Constitution that caps how much your taxable value can go up.

Who cares about facts though, no fun for conspiracy theorists to deal with that haha. Do they even realize the comp plan is already in place too - this is just an update? Like I just don't' get it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 12:32:15 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 01:31:18 pm »

BTW just because the county assessor raises the value of your house or property by a lot doesn't mean your taxable value goes up by the same amount. Your taxable value is capped and at the end of the day you pay property taxes based on what you buy a property for since Oklahoma is a disclosure state. The assessor just marks up the value to the purchase price then typically will only raise your taxable value at maximum 5% (outside of Oklahoma/Tulsa county most assessors rarely hit 5% increases a year on any property) - it's literally written into the Oklahoma Constitution that caps how much your taxable value can go up.

I do find it irritating that my taxable value goes up more frequently than my neighbors'.

Angry

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 02:13:08 pm »

I do find it irritating that my taxable value goes up more frequently than my neighbors'.

Angry

You might appeal it to the county if it is - you can use your neighbors as examples.

Most of the reassessments are done via mass appraisal which can have errors. It might be worth talking to the county about it and asking them to reduce it if your neighbors taxable values are only going up 1-2 while yours is going up more. They should all be the same unless you've pulled permits or done renovations/ added an addition to the house or something like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org