A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:53:34 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma City Bridges, Streets, Overpass and Interstate Junctions  (Read 24061 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 09:11:13 pm »

Oklahoma City Construction Junction

I-235/I-44 Interchange - Update via OKCTalk.com

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2021, 01:59:34 am »

Amtraks 15 year plan would restore service to Wichita via Newton, Kansas

Restoration of the Ponca City Santa Fe Station would cost locals $2 million, Ponca City Mayor Homer Nicholson and leaders are hoping Congress approves the funding bill.

Nicholson wants to see his town spend up to $2 million to restore the 110-year-old depot, which is just two blocks from Ponca City’s downtown and its shops and restaurants. In past years, his dream of Amtrak's restoring service between Oklahoma City and Newton was just a dream.

Project expensive, but could happen quickly

Amtrak officials suggest if funded, the wait for a Heartland Flyer could be as little as a “couple of years,” pending negotiations to upgrade and add passenger rail to existing BNSF freight track.

Stephen Gardner, Amtrak president, estimates upgrading tracks between Oklahoma City and Newton and adding two additional daily runs between Oklahoma City and Fort Worth will cost about $500 million.--Oklahoman, June 13, 2021

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 08:31:15 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2021, 10:46:28 am »

Finishing touches on the loop...

Clean up will require temporary lane closures

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2021, 01:44:39 pm »

View or join the discussion at OKCTalk.com:  https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=24127&page=94&p=1171012#post1171012

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2021, 11:21:11 am »

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2021, 02:14:54 pm »

View the forum thread at OKCTalk.com https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=24127&page=95&p=1173141#post1173141

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 02:20:28 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2021, 01:51:04 pm »

Looks like the ramp entrance to 63rd Street overpass is near completion.

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2021, 12:10:21 pm »

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2021, 05:12:18 pm »

I-235/I-44 Interchange & Kickapoo Turnpike

The newest project that will impact up to 150,000 motorists daily starts March 1 and is expected to be complete in late summer 2021 at I-35 just south of the I-35/I-235/I-40 Dallas Junction between Southeast 15th Street and just south of I-40 and the Oklahoma River. This work is a heavy maintenance project to extend the lifespan of these I-35 bridges.--Velocity, March 18, 2021

Oklahoma City's Outer Loop

The Kickapoo Turnpike – 21-mile connection between I-40 and I-44/Turner Turnpike.

Kickapoo Turnpike’s total cost is $453 million.

Visit Velocity/Inside OKC
-  https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/inside-okc/metro-area-highway-system-upgrades-continue/?back=super_blog

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 05:36:52 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2022, 09:01:51 pm »

(Updated pics January 9, 2022)

Project construction cost:  $105 million

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:12:13 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 01:49:23 pm »

(Updated pics January 12, 2022)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:56:15 pm by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2022, 12:15:50 am »

ACCESS OKLAHOMA

FAYETTEVILLE -- A portion of U.S. 412 in Arkansas and Oklahoma has been officially designated a future interstate on the National Highway System.

Connecting Northwest Arkansas and north central Oklahoma with an interstate highway will encourage economic development along the corridor and expand opportunities for employment in the region, according to officials in both states. Others say it would improve supply chain connectivity and make travel between the areas safer.

Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2022/jan/31/portion-of-us-412-in-arkansas-oklahoma-designated/

Advancing and Connecting Communities and Economies Safely Statewide

“The future of our economy will depend on having a modern highway system that manages congestion and reliable travel times,” Stitt said. “ACCESS Oklahoma is a bold investment in our future that provides needed corridor connections and expansions while making travel easier and leading to more economic development across the state.”

Full story Velocity:  https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/development/officials-unveil-first-look-at-access-oklahoma-turnpike-plan/?back=super_blog]https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2022/jan/31/portion-of-us-412-in-arkansas-oklahoma-designated/[/url[/size]]

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 12:32:21 am by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2022, 05:36:06 am »

MAP above shows OTA potential expansion routes between Moore & Norman

LOOP would encircle Oklahoma City connecting turnpikes with the Interstates I-240, I-40 & I-44.

Engineering management on behalf of the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority insist the project for the Kickapoo Turnpike’s south extension
is only in its earliest stages. But Norman residents are worried the turnpike expansion plans are a done deal, with hundreds of homes
set to be potentially impacted.

About 1,000 people crammed into CrossPointe Church in Norman on Thursday night to voice their concerns over the new plan.

The project — announced February 22, 2022 by the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority and called “Advancing and Connecting Communities and Economies
Safely Statewide,” or ACCESS for short — is a 15-year, $5 billion plan that turnpike officials say will help manage highway congestion,
improve travel times and give drivers a better path to the southeast Oklahoma City metro area.--Oklahoman, 03-05-2022

« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 05:55:10 am by Laramie » Logged

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2022, 01:04:56 pm »

The pain of growth continues in the Norman-Moore, OK area which are among Oklahoma City's largest suburbs with approximately 130,000-65,000 residents,  Norman and Moore combined represent close to 200,000 residents encircling 200 sq, miles.   

Proposed toll road expansion

Let's face it, no one wants their dream homes uprooted to make room for an expressway regardless of whether you live in a well-to-do neighborhood or one not so well-to-do, it's your home, your life, your roots and your memories.  Progress comes with a price.

OKC is following the progress of many cities like Nashville, Kansas City & Cincinnati where the expressways loop around the inner city and expand that interstate loop into the surrounding suburbs.

The loop surrounds the city

Laramie
City Father

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2022, 12:06:45 pm »

The 121-foot pedestrian bridge will link the Lake Hefner and Lake Overholser Trail.

https://kfor.com/news/local/portions-of-nw-expressway-pedestrian-bridge-arrive-near-wilshire-blvd/
The $5.3 million project is funded by the 2007 Bond Program and the 2017 Better Streets, Safer City Bond Program.

OBS leaders attended a meeting on Wed. Jan 5th, 2017 with OKC City planners to provide input on plans to build a bike / pedestrian bridge over Northwest Highway at Wilshire. This is where the lake to lake trail goes, and is by the Firehouse Subs and OnCue gas station.
Funding for this bridge was approved by OKC citizens in 2007, and finally 10 years later we are starting to see some possible movement to get it built.

Also discussed was the problems with the bike trail on McArthur between Wilshire and Britton. There are too many stops, and dangerous car turning across that trail. A couple of alternatives were discussed; Follow the neighborhood streets, and the other was the installation of a stop light on McArthur at Canal Road ( just north of Whataburger and Jimmy's Egg) that would be just for bikes and walkers.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:12:35 pm by Laramie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org