A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:22:05 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jazz Hall of Debt?  (Read 15834 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 02:04:22 pm »

I consider McNellie's a wonderful office.  I hold lots of business meetings there.  Grin

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 02:24:57 pm »

I consider McNellie's a wonderful office.  I hold lots of business meetings there.  Grin

And you can drink at the office when you are there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 02:32:22 pm »

Last I checked Mcnellies Bar was not any type of office..so in theory I wouldn't find someone saying they will be in their office weird either...

What difference does it make if they're not supervising in their office or not supervising at McNellie's? I guess next time I should just come out and ask the question.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
rdj
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »

I consider my boss' office to be the toilet.  Maybe you should ask really specifically.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:55:49 pm »

I was talking to an event planner this weekend at a party I was at about the Jazz Hall, she said that she is VERY concerned. She also said that management is the issue it seems, or lack of GOOD management.

She said that the person who takes care of events has been calling her clients asking them to pay 5 months early before the payment is due, offering them 10% off etc..she said after what is going on there is no way she would ever recommend that anyone do that at this point in time that she works with...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 10:48:14 am »

No Action Taken On Future Of Tulsa's Jazz Hall Of Fame

http://www.newson6.com/story/19764102/no-action-taken-on-future-of-tulsas-jazz-hall-of-fame?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa County Industrial Authority went into executive session to discuss the future of the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame, but took no action.

The board has said the Jazz Hall of Fame, located in the old county owned Union Depot in downtown Tulsa, had defaulted on its lease and was given 30 days to address financial problems.

Those include overdue bills like electricity and taxes.

The Jazz Hall says it paid $32,000 for electric bill Friday, and the remaining balance of $18,000 and is on hand to pay remaining electric bill.

But Public Service Company of Oklahoma says service hasn't been transferred from Tulsa County to Jazz Hall of Fame yet because of Columbus Day holiday.

Jason McIntosh, the hall's chief executive officer, estimated then that nearly 100 donors from across the country came forward to help after learning of the facility's financial troubles.

The 24-year-old nonprofit has struggled to stay afloat after years of bad budgeting decisions and a souring economy.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 02:09:38 pm »

The 24-year-old nonprofit has struggled to stay afloat after years of bad budgeting decisions and a souring economy

FIFY

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:51 am »

FIFY

BINGO...if someone can't run a company, or can't do the job they are hired to do...are they not most of the time fired?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 08:23:52 am »

BINGO...if someone can't run a company, or can't do the job they are hired to do...are they not most of the time fired?

Unless it's politics.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 08:50:54 am »

Anyone heard anything else on this? Seems the story just went quiet, maybe they paid the rest off?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:31 am »

Anyone heard anything else on this? Seems the story just went quiet, maybe they paid the rest off?

I heard on NPR several weeks ago that they were current on all past due remunerations
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2020, 11:02:57 am »

There were some news items back in November about the Jazz Hall of Fame being delinquent again and facing possible eviction from Union Station again.  The stories said there was a court date set for early December.  I cannot find any follow up reporting.  I presume the matter was resolved and the Jazz Hall of Fame has not (yet) been evicted?

Does anyone have any info?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org