A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:03:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla's Big F***ing Field  (Read 104561 times)
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2020, 04:22:29 pm »

Musk has already said the semi will also be built in Austin.  "In addition to the Cybertruck, Tesla will also build Model Ys and Model 3s destined for the East Coast, as well as the Tesla Semi," Musk said.  https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/22/21334860/tesla-cybertruck-factory-austin-texas-location-model-y

Not that I'm an expert on this, but just seems like given the amount of cars they produce from their existing plant in Fremont that if they plan to grow at the rate many predict I'd bet at some point sooner or later they need a dedicated Semi plant in addition to an east coast plant. Some of that will depend on the popularity of the cybertruck and if they plan a second truck (which Elon has said is likely if demand for a less edgy design is not as popular as they hope). I'd imagine they start production of the semi in Austin but would likely need its own dedicated plant for that at some point.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2020, 06:34:05 am »

Great....(sarcastically)....just what we need - another battery plant here.  As if Picher wasn't bad enough... What new part of the state can we render uninhabitable next?  Between lead and big oil, just try to get a decent water well in NE Oklahoma!

Toto, stop pulling on that curtain!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »

I still think when they get around to building the semi, Tulsa is probably the perfect location for it given our location in the Central US and near major trucking companies and people like Walmart who would be huge customers of the semi.

If Walmart fleet (about 6,000 tractors) was a trucking company, it would be number 10 in the US.  Just ahead of CRST.   Nothing to sneeze at, but not even close to the big ones several of whom have more than twice that many.   Walmart does use other companies a LOT.!  I hauled a lot of Walmart freight when I drove.  To stores and DC's.

https://www.truckaccidentattorneynetwork.org/10-largest-trucking-companies-in-us/

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2020, 07:51:42 pm »

https://www.theverge.com/21375891/tesla-tulsa-cybertruck-factory-elon-musk-statue-memes

...and as for the parody video by Retrospec, what was that accent?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2020, 03:46:12 pm »

Tesla just "announced" they will be building another Gigafactory, this time for the Semi and Roadster. Much like I expected that they wouldn't be able to handle production of the Semi at the Austin plant. This was in their Q3 2020 10-Q Form.

It will be located in the United States, location: TBD

Haven't heard the timeline in selection yet on when they want to start construction, but I'd imagine as with everything Tesla does it will be sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:50:50 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2020, 04:10:41 pm »

Tesla just "announced" they will be building another Gigafactory, this time for the Semi and Roadster. Much like I expected that they wouldn't be able to handle production of the Semi at the Austin plant. This was in their Q3 2020 10-Q Form.

Haven't heard the timeline in selection yet on when they want to start construction, but I'd imagine as with everything Tesla does it will be sooner rather than later.

NICE!
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2020, 10:30:09 pm »

The 10-Q doesn’t say they are planning a new Gigafactory.  It shows a summary of the status of production of each of their vehicle models in production and under development.  That chart says the semi and roadster are “in development” and that the production location for those vehicles will be a US location TBD. It says nothing about planning a new Gigafactory for those vehicles.  They could very well produce them at one of their other existing or planned Gigafactories especially given that they said earlier this year the semi will be built in Austin.  See page 35:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data//1318605/000156459020047486/tsla-10q_20200930.htm

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2020, 10:25:46 am »

The 10-Q doesn’t say they are planning a new Gigafactory.  It shows a summary of the status of production of each of their vehicle models in production and under development.  That chart says the semi and roadster are “in development” and that the production location for those vehicles will be a US location TBD. It says nothing about planning a new Gigafactory for those vehicles.  They could very well produce them at one of their other existing or planned Gigafactories especially given that they said earlier this year the semi will be built in Austin.  See page 35:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data//1318605/000156459020047486/tsla-10q_20200930.htm

If they said that earlier this year and that was the plan still then the production would be listed in the Austin plant or are you not capable or reading a simple chart? Not surprising.

Tesla and Elon have both said they plan to build several more plants in the US and globally. There was a big change recently in the fact that Tesla now plans to produce battery cells in Austin, which was not part of the plan several months ago. That will make it very hard to produce more than the Y and Cybertruck in Austin, hints why they are now saying they don't have a location and it's listed in a separate area as TBD for the Semi and Roadster and will need a new plant for those. 
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2020, 10:48:32 am »

If they said that earlier this year and that was the plan still then the production would be listed in the Austin plant or are you not capable or reading a simple chart? Not surprising.

Tesla and Elon have both said they plan to build several more plants in the US and globally. There was a big change recently in the fact that Tesla now plans to produce battery cells in Austin, which was not part of the plan several months ago. That will make it very hard to produce more than the Y and Cybertruck in Austin, hints why they are now saying they don't have a location and it's listed in a separate area as TBD for the Semi and Roadster and will need a new plant for those. 

Whatever they are thinking or planning, the fact is the 10-Q says nothing about planning a new gigafactory for the semi or roadster. Your post claiming such was false.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2020, 10:56:02 am »

Whatever they are thinking or planning, the fact is the 10-Q says nothing about planning a new gigafactory for the semi or roadster. Your post claiming such was false.

I'm not sure you could find your nose if it wasn't attached to your face. You'd probably then argue that if someone said your nose is on the center of your face is false! Because it's actually a 1/32 of an inch off center. Therefore you are all knowing and everyone else has no idea what they're talking about. You're the only person who is correct, because you said so.

It's pretty apparent given everything they've said and are doing what that means. Fine by me if you keep your head in the sand and can't see what's going on around you. Hopefully the people working on the Cybertruck deal with the city/state aren't sleeping on this or we'll be behind the curve, I sure know you wouldn't be one of them. Again, if Tesla was planning to build the Semi and Roadster in Austin or one of their other plants they wouldn't have a TBD location in that report. So that means something whether you can comprehend that or not. They don't have to say point blank we will be building a new plant for these for that to be understood. They aren't going to have magical unicorns building them out of thin air, so that means they need a facility to build them in, which is TBD and is not at any of the existing plants. Not really not hard to get the point of that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 01:59:45 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2020, 11:41:47 am »

Here is the sum total of what Tesla's 10-Q says about the location of the production of their forthcoming semi and roadster:

"US location(s) TBD"

That's it.  Nowhere does it say or hint that they will be building another gigafactory.  Nowhere does it say or hint that they will not be produced at one of their current locations. The only information it gives us about the location is (1) it will be in the US and (2) it may be more than one location.

Interestingly, the subject of the semi and roadster production location does not even come up during the 3rd quarter earnings call. They discussed the semi at length, but never mentioned (and no one asked about) where it was going to be produced.  

Here's the link again, for anyone interested in facts:  https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data//1318605/000156459020047486/tsla-10q_20200930.htm
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:52:20 am by Oil Capital » Logged

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2020, 01:10:57 pm »

Here is the sum total of what Tesla's 10-Q says about the location of the production of their forthcoming semi and roadster:

"US location(s) TBD"

That's it.  Nowhere does it say or hint that they will be building another gigafactory.  Nowhere does it say or hint that they will not be produced at one of their current locations. The only information it gives us about the location is (1) it will be in the US and (2) it may be more than one location.

Interestingly, the subject of the semi and roadster production location does not even come up during the 3rd quarter earnings call. They discussed the semi at length, but never mentioned (and no one asked about) where it was going to be produced.  

Here's the link again, for anyone interested in facts:  https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data//1318605/000156459020047486/tsla-10q_20200930.htm

Since you have such a hard time being able to digest actual 'facts' and what a chart means/says I'll post it here for easier discussion. The fact below for what is posted in the filing for easier reference and was what my original post said and was about when I said "announcement" meaning not a real announcement but something intentionally posted in the filing:

This is intentional... why would Tesla specifically leave the Semi/Roadster in the TBD for location when they have other 'in development' in specific locations? If they really planned to build them in Texas, they would be listed as in development in the Austin location. It's really not difficult to figure out the meaning behind this.

It's not like they just randomly say oh 'TBD' like you are insinuating. If they aren't building it in Texas and location is TBD - they aren't going to fall out of the sky.

Since when did a public company completely come out and announce new location prior to them doing the beginning stages of the search. I would bet you money that they have already started the search for a new giga factory in the US and in the next 12 months you'll start hearing more 'leaks' as they get close to finalizing the site for the semi, given they plan production of that around 2022 and have already been testing it at the Nevada site getting it ready for mass production.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 01:31:20 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2020, 01:35:47 pm »

Since you have such a hard time being able to digest actual 'facts' and what a chart means/says I'll post it here for easier discussion. The fact below for what is posted in the filing for easier reference and was my original post said and was about:

This is intentional... why would Tesla specifically leave the Semi/Roadster in the TBD for location when they have other 'in development' in specific locations? If they really planned to build them in Texas, they would be listed as in development in the Austin location. It's really not difficult to figure out the meaning behind this.

It's not like they just randomly say oh 'TBD' like you are insinuating. If they aren't building it in Texas and location is TBD - they aren't going to fall out of the sky.

ROFL  I don't know why you are so invested in believing something that is simply not there.  Yes, there is no doubt that every word in the 10-Q is intentional.  It says TBD because they haven't made a final decision. It's as simple as that.  Your belief that they have decided to build a whole new gigafactory for the semi/roadster or that they have decided to build it at an entirely new location has been entirely invented in your own mind. Neither concept is mentioned or hinted at in the 10-Q.

The others that are in development for which they name their production locations are further along in their development process and therefore their production location decisions have been made and finalized.  Quite simple, really.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:20:00 pm by Oil Capital » Logged

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2020, 01:39:58 pm »

ROFL  I don't know why you are so invested in believing something that is simply not there.  Yes, there is no doubt that every word in the 10-Q is intentional.  It says TBD because they haven't made a final decision. It's as simple as that.  Your belief that they have decided to build a whole new gigafactory for the semi/roadster or that they have decided to build it at an entirely new location has been entirely invented in your own mind.

The others that are in development for which they name their production locations are further along in their development process and therefore their production location decisions have been made and finalized.  Quite simple, really.

You must be a joy at parties. What's so funny about you is you get lost in trying to twist things and then make peoples point for them.

"Yes, there is no doubt that every word in the 10-Q is intentional"

My entire point, troll. From there's it's a discussion on a forum... of opinions. My opinion is this means, given how this is presented, that they are looking for a new location at some point for the semi and roadster. It's also based on everything Tesla is doing currently, has said publicly, announced about changes at the Austin plant in the last few months, and previous actions. It's entirely plausible this is already in motion that they are starting the search for the next giga factory. Do you really believe Tesla will never build another? If so, you're an idiot.

Why do you get on a forum where people discuss opinions if you don't want to hear anything but yourself speak what you like to label "facts"?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 01:42:40 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2020, 02:12:25 pm »

From what I have heard the next factory will be located closer to the eastern US markets.  Not sure if that means somewhere in the Rust Belt or somewhere in the Southeast.  I know Nashville/Tennessee were in the mix for the last Gigafactory. 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org