A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:07 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla's Big F***ing Field  (Read 104588 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2020, 07:59:15 pm »

It does however not make any determinations into land ownership. That is what a lot of people seem to be confusing (including Ted Cruz and others). This is about who has authority over law and jurisdiction issues, not land ownership. If you owned your house yesterday morning, the Creek Nation (etc.) does not now own your house today.

Maybe some are confused, but Ted Cruz is NOT one of them!   He understands perfectly what he is doing/saying, and is continuing in the tradition of obfuscation, distortion, and lies.  He is one of those who is intentionally trying to cause confusion.

Plus, I bet he is a John Wayne fan, too!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2020, 05:30:06 pm »

Travis County and Del Valle ISD passed the incentives.  Now it’s up to Tesla to make their decision.  I think they end up choosing Austin for this plant but that Tulsa is now in a good position to get a future plant.  

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2020, 04:00:52 pm »

Rumor is the official announcement will be made during their shareholder meeting/battery day, which is in September. I'd imagine the decision will be made prior to that and city/state officials will be notified much sooner, but the public announcement will be around that time if Elon manages to not randomly tweet it.

Other news, Mazzio's offers up 7,000 + free pizzas - 1 to every employee at Tesla in Tulsa.

Interesting story from KJRH: https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/gov-stitt-continues-productive-talks-with-tesla

"The official told 2 Works for You the call focused on quality of life in Tulsa as opposed to specifics of Oklahoma’s site or incentive proposals.

During the call, the official said a group of entrepreneurs who moved to Tulsa through Tulsa Remote spoke about their experiences moving to the city from other parts of the country, including Austin.

Stitt concluded the meeting by sharing his personal story of starting his company in Tulsa with $1,000 and a computer and his vision of making Oklahoma a Top Ten state and raising its profile on a national level, the official said.

Officials said they believe the call was very productive and they plan to continue the conversation."

I've also heard that they have been able to collect over 2,000 resumes from engineers who have said they would move to Tulsa to work for Tesla and that's also been presented to senior Tesla officials. There's also a fair amount of internet blog press turning more favorable to Tulsa. So all in all this seems like a big win for Tulsa even if we don't get the plant. We needed something like that to open up some eyes in the site selection community to so how open Tulsa is to new development/job expansion. We've still got a lot of perception issues to battle in the quality of life arena though.

And... finally, Stitt tests positive for COVID. Which means he got it sometime around when Elon visited Tulsa. Wouldn't that be a way for Elon to remember Oklahoma if the governor gave him COVID.  Shocked
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2020, 09:21:58 am »

Rumor is the official announcement will be made during their shareholder meeting/battery day, which is in September. I'd imagine the decision will be made prior to that and city/state officials will be notified much sooner, but the public announcement will be around that time if Elon manages to not randomly tweet it.

Interesting story from KJRH: https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/gov-stitt-continues-productive-talks-with-tesla

"The official told 2 Works for You the call focused on quality of life in Tulsa as opposed to specifics of Oklahoma’s site or incentive proposals.

During the call, the official said a group of entrepreneurs who moved to Tulsa through Tulsa Remote spoke about their experiences moving to the city from other parts of the country, including Austin.

Stitt concluded the meeting by sharing his personal story of starting his company in Tulsa with $1,000 and a computer and his vision of making Oklahoma a Top Ten state and raising its profile on a national level, the official said.

Officials said they believe the call was very productive and they plan to continue the conversation."

I've also heard that they have been able to collect over 2,000 resumes from engineers who have said they would move to Tulsa to work for Tesla and that's also been presented to senior Tesla officials. There's also a fair amount of internet blog press turning more favorable to Tulsa. So all in all this seems like a big win for Tulsa even if we don't get the plant. We needed something like that to open up some eyes in the site selection community to so how open Tulsa is to new development/job expansion. We've still got a lot of perception issues to battle in the quality of life arena though.

And... finally, Stitt tests positive for COVID. Which means he got it sometime around when Elon visited Tulsa. Wouldn't that be a way for Elon to remember Oklahoma if the governor gave him COVID.  Shocked

Well they seem to have the information they need from both Tulsa and Austin. Incentives are approved and closing arguments have been made. I would think they'd want to have a decision by the end of this month or next.

Also, 2000 resumes from engineers is an impressive amount and hopefully alleviates some concern about workforce in Tulsa.

Regardless, if Tulsa isn't chosen for this factory I can't imagine us not being on the top of the list for the next one they build. Then when you consider the publicity and the companies taking a look at the state because of it, this whole process is a win win for the city and state.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2020, 09:40:43 am »

Well they seem to have the information they need from both Tulsa and Austin. Incentives are approved and closing arguments have been made. I would think they'd want to have a decision by the end of this month or next.

Also, 2000 resumes from engineers is an impressive amount and hopefully alleviates some concern about workforce in Tulsa.

Regardless, if Tulsa isn't chosen for this factory I can't imagine us not being on the top of the list for the next one they build. Then when you consider the publicity and the companies taking a look at the state because of it, this whole process is a win win for the city and state.

I honestly think the semi plant would be even better, even if it doesn't happen for a few years.  That is the game changer for how we move goods around in the U.S. (and world).  But landing the truck/SUV plant would be great as well.   Smiley

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2020, 11:51:41 am »

I honestly think the semi plant would be even better, even if it doesn't happen for a few years.  That is the game changer for how we move goods around in the U.S. (and world).  But landing the truck/SUV plant would be great as well.   Smiley

I agree, I'm more excited for the Semi than I am the Cybertruck. The game changer will be if Tesla can get the battery distance on the semi right. If they can get the battery to last for 8 hours of driving at least, then the drivers can charge the truck while they sleep. If they can do that I can't see any reason why anyone would want gas powered semi's in the logistics sector.

Amazon has already order 100,000 trucks from Rivian (electric car firm that has Ford, Amazon and others as investors). Those would be the smaller delivery local delivery trucks. Amazon would likely switch to all electric Semi's too and if they do it, UPS, FedEx, etc. will all follow. There's a huge market for the semi and would really go a long way to reducing smog/emissions in the big cities.
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2020, 04:14:55 pm »

I agree, I'm more excited for the Semi than I am the Cybertruck. The game changer will be if Tesla can get the battery distance on the semi right. If they can get the battery to last for 8 hours of driving at least, then the drivers can charge the truck while they sleep. If they can do that I can't see any reason why anyone would want gas powered semi's in the logistics sector.

Amazon has already order 100,000 trucks from Rivian (electric car firm that has Ford, Amazon and others as investors). Those would be the smaller delivery local delivery trucks. Amazon would likely switch to all electric Semi's too and if they do it, UPS, FedEx, etc. will all follow. There's a huge market for the semi and would really go a long way to reducing smog/emissions in the big cities.

Tesla continues to increase the size of their factories, so there may be some advantage in getting the next one.  That said, I would prefer not to wait.  The semi (particularly with the automation options being discussed) has the potential to transform logistics and certainly the associated emissions.  It is going to be very interesting to watch the transition unfold.  Rivian is also very well funded and appears poised to make a very large splash with the Amazon vehicles and their truck and SUV offering.  In addition to the Amazon and Ford investments, Rivian received another 2.5 billion in funding last week and have yet to produce a single vehicle.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2020, 05:56:27 pm »

Tesla has got to be impressed with Tulsa.  Truly feel that Tesla will have more planned for Tulsa's future since Mr. Elon Musk continues his visits.

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2020, 03:51:49 pm »

Tesla picked Austin
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2020, 03:58:19 pm »

Not a huge shock, we were the dark horse.  Now need to go 100% after the semi factory which would be a similar size to the Gigafactory.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2020, 04:07:35 pm »

Onward and upward, let's keep the momentum going and see what we can go for next! I didn't expect us to win out, but I'm ecstatic we seemingly held in there the way we did.

As has been said before, this process got us noticed by companies outside of Tesla as well. We are now on the radar at least in ways we weren't before. The experience and publicity gained from this could be very useful.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2020, 06:36:53 pm »

Not a huge shock, we were the dark horse.  Now need to go 100% after the semi factory which would be a similar size to the Gigafactory.

“We're gonna have a boardwalk where there will be a hiking, biking trail,” he continued. “It's gonna basically be an ecological paradise — birds in the trees, butterflies, fish in the stream. And it'll be open to the public as well.”

https://www.engadget.com/teslas-q-2-earnings-could-qualify-the-company-for-an-sp-500-listing-213918329.html

Austin wins Tesla's new factory, Musk thanks Tulsa
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/austin-wins-teslas-new-factory-musk-thanks-tulsa

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2020, 03:16:19 pm »

We gave it a good shot, and I think Tulsa came across well on the national stage. Our time will come.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2020, 08:07:34 pm »

We gave it a good shot, and I think Tulsa came across well on the national stage. Our time will come.

Mostly.

Except for that whole Trump rally thing and big jump in pandemic infections....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2020, 10:08:54 pm »

Mostly.

Except for that whole Trump rally thing and big jump in pandemic infections....

Are you kidding me? the Trump rally in Tulsa with only 6k people was the most hilarious failure Trump has endured since he was president. One MILLION people will be there. You can just hear. Dr Evil.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org