A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:20:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla's Big F***ing Field  (Read 104630 times)
TulsaBeMore
Activist

« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2020, 02:10:13 am »

This would be a great spot for the semi to be built if we don't get the cybertruck factory. 

That's interesting about the Walton's.  I've wondered if there were ways we could increase ties to NW Arkansas specifically UofA along the 412 corridor.  When I've been over there they definitely seem more connected to Tulsa than they do Little Rock or the rest of Arkansas.

By Walton, don't they mean Robson?  Sam's wife Helen was Helen Robson of Claremore. Daughter of the town's big banker.  Sam was no dummy.  You can fall in love with anybody --- banker's daughter just as good as any.  The Robsons built Forest Ridge, own tons of land that way and RCB Bank. 
rebound
City Father

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2020, 08:50:02 am »

By Walton, don't they mean Robson?  Sam's wife Helen was Helen Robson of Claremore. Daughter of the town's big banker.  Sam was no dummy.  You can fall in love with anybody --- banker's daughter just as good as any.  The Robsons built Forest Ridge, own tons of land that way and RCB Bank.  

The land in question is owned by  I244-ADMIRAL LAND, L.L.C.  The registered agent is Lloyd Robson out of Broken Arrow.

Scratch that.  I looked at the wrong place.  The correct owner is Fair Oaks Ranch, LLC.  Owned by John Robson, Catoosa.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:54:00 pm by rebound » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2020, 11:10:17 am »

Anyone know more about the property tax incentives for this site?  It looks like it is mostly in the Catoosa school district possibly partially within BA

rebound
City Father

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2020, 01:14:37 pm »

Anyone know more about the property tax incentives for this site?  It looks like it is mostly in the Catoosa school district possibly partially within BA

On Google Maps, it shows as inside Tulsa city limits.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2020, 04:41:18 pm »

On Google Maps, it shows as inside Tulsa city limits.

I saw that but it doesn't appear to be within the TPS district boundary.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2020, 08:22:49 am »

Ah, yeah,  agreed.  Wasn't looking at that.

nxb33
Tourist

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2020, 09:16:07 am »

Wagoner county, Catoosa public schools, city of Tulsa
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2020, 08:58:30 am »

I am honestly blown away that Elon visited and that they were able to put all this together. This is a tremendous effort and all involved should be proud of it.

Earlier I felt like it was just posturing and getting our name out there, but now I feel like we really have a shot, and even if we don't get the main factory there's a really strong chance we get something else. At this point I will be surprised if Tesla doesn't build anything here.

Tulsa has been in the limelight a lot lately for good and bad reasons, so it's very helpful to have something going on to elevate our status beyond trump visits and addressing our massacre history.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2020, 10:20:31 am »

Yikes!  This could throw a wrench in the works.

Supreme Court hands Oklahoma a loss on tribal lands fighthttps://www.tulsaworld.com/news/supreme-court-hands-oklahoma-a-loss-on-tribal-lands-fight/article_4c33fbe8-c1ed-11ea-8c16-2705dc65414a.html

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2020, 11:16:41 am »

Yikes!  This could throw a wrench in the works.

Supreme Court hands Oklahoma a loss on tribal lands fighthttps://www.tulsaworld.com/news/supreme-court-hands-oklahoma-a-loss-on-tribal-lands-fight/article_4c33fbe8-c1ed-11ea-8c16-2705dc65414a.html

Besides the fact that this ruling means Native Americans cannot be tried for crimes committed on Native land by the state this shouldn't change anything as far as land ownership, unless I'm missing something.  Most people already understand that living in eastern Oklahoma means also living in sovereign Indian nations but still governed by city/state/federal laws.

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2020, 12:29:07 pm »

I don't know if they will require much of a property tax break here. Texas it is assessed near 100% market value and tax rates are 2.5-3.0%. Say the plant is appraised by the county near $750 million, 75% or so of cost. Telsa's yearly property tax bill would likely be around $25,000,000, or more. In Oklahoma, the full property tax would be around $1.5 to 2 million a year if the county here appraised it at $750 million.

That's why the property tax abatement they're seeking can make or break the deal for Austin. Texas is in the top 10 most expensive states for property taxes.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2020, 01:18:40 pm »

Don't forget the State Tax Exemption for manufacturing facilities, I seem to remember its 5 years from completion.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2020, 02:37:50 pm »

I don't know if they will require much of a property tax break here. Texas it is assessed near 100% market value and tax rates are 2.5-3.0%. Say the plant is appraised by the county near $750 million, 75% or so of cost. Telsa's yearly property tax bill would likely be around $25,000,000, or more. In Oklahoma, the full property tax would be around $1.5 to 2 million a year if the county here appraised it at $750 million.

That's why the property tax abatement they're seeking can make or break the deal for Austin. Texas is in the top 10 most expensive states for property taxes.

What if Tesla leases the land from the Creeks?
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2020, 02:54:23 pm »

What if Tesla leases the land from the Creeks?

Land and improvements are appraised separately in property tax assessments. Regardless if it's a land lease for $1, the factory building and equipment would still be taxed which is the expensive part. Land owner would then be responsible for the land assessment taxes.  Tesla being the owner of the factory (the improvements) since they don't lease their facilities would be responsible for that portion of taxes.  
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 02:56:38 pm by LandArchPoke » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2020, 03:11:56 pm »

Land and improvements are appraised separately in property tax assessments. Regardless if it's a land lease for $1, the factory building and equipment would still be taxed which is the expensive part. Land owner would then be responsible for the land assessment taxes.  Tesla being the owner of the factory (the improvements) since they don't lease their facilities would be responsible for that portion of taxes.  

Not on Creek owned land. Certainly not on Creek Nation owned land.

We are in uncharted waters.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org