A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:27:13 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Quarantine Guide lines/Rules/Laws?  (Read 12785 times)
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« on: March 10, 2020, 01:58:53 pm »

Where to find such information for Tulsa?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 12:17:46 pm »

https://www.tulsa-health.org/COVID19

They appear behind on the info, though, as they show 2 cases when we have had 4 of this writing (6 if you count Utah Jazz players in OKC).

City of Tulsa to prohibit events of 250 people or more amid coronavirus concerns
https://www.fox23.com/news/local/city-tulsa-prohibit-events-250-people-or-more-amid-coronavirus-concerns/TKTFI57EOZDM5GSULYXQH7N6KI/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 11:42:20 am »

Whats wrong with this picture?  I know it isnt in context and I cant vouch for its accuracy, but its out there.

Washington (CNN)Oklahoma's governor faced swift backlash since tweeting a photo of himself and his children at a crowded restaurant Saturday amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.
In the now-deleted tweet, Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt said, "Eating with my kids and all my fellow Oklahomans at the @CollectiveOKC. It's packed tonight!"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/oklahoma-governor-deleted-tweet-coronavirus/index.html

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:52:30 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 07:09:39 pm »

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) humiliated himself on national television when he was asked about the Oklahoma Medical Association opposing his state reopening.

During a Fox News appearance Sunday, Stitt claimed that reopening the state, starting with personal care services like salons, was a brilliant idea. He claimed that hospitalizations in the state "peaked on March 30." However, he seems to be unaware that the greatest increase in reported COVID-19 cases came just five days before his appearance.

Fox News host Chris Wallace asked Stitt about a recent comment warning against the reopening from experts in his state.

"Even without widespread testing, Oklahoma has seen an ongoing growth in the number of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the past week alone," said the president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association.

Blindsided, Stitt replied, "I don't know exactly who that is."

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/27/fox-news-chris-wallace-humiliates-oklahomas-gop-governor-with-one-simple-question_partner/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:39:47 am »

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) humiliated himself on national television when he was asked about the Oklahoma Medical Association opposing his state reopening.

During a Fox News appearance Sunday, Stitt claimed that reopening the state, starting with personal care services like salons, was a brilliant idea. He claimed that hospitalizations in the state "peaked on March 30." However, he seems to be unaware that the greatest increase in reported COVID-19 cases came just five days before his appearance.

Fox News host Chris Wallace asked Stitt about a recent comment warning against the reopening from experts in his state.

"Even without widespread testing, Oklahoma has seen an ongoing growth in the number of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the past week alone," said the president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association.

Blindsided, Stitt replied, "I don't know exactly who that is."

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/27/fox-news-chris-wallace-humiliates-oklahomas-gop-governor-with-one-simple-question_partner/

0 days without a National Embarrassment!

And people truly are stupid enough - all Stitters - to ponder the question of why big enterprise won't come to Okrahoma.  That question was answered decades ago...they still have no clue!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 10:28:36 am »

State health officials reported 1,075 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the same day Gov. Kevin Stitt announced he tested positive for COVID-19.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/covid-19-oklahoma-sees-more-than-1-000-new-cases-for-first-time-gov-stitt/article_dab4ec13-01cc-52e-9151-14cd65890f9d.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 12:22:03 pm »

State health officials reported 1,075 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the same day Gov. Kevin Stitt announced he tested positive for COVID-19.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/covid-19-oklahoma-sees-more-than-1-000-new-cases-for-first-time-gov-stitt/article_dab4ec13-01cc-52e-9151-14cd65890f9d.html

Karma!   Couldn't happen to a more deserving person...well, except for maybe one....

And he admits that he has been getting ongoing, regular testing.  While trying to convince others not to.   Good job, Oklahoma!  Another elected loser.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 10:19:36 pm »

There are a lot of reasons to be proud to be a Tulsan.

This isnt one of them.

Anti-mask protestors assault civil rights activist at Tulsa City Hall.

https://youtu.be/ItYHO7B64cs

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 06:50:57 pm »

U.S. House panel says Stitt ignored White House guidance to stop coronavirus spread

The leader of a U.S. House subcommittee said Wednesday that Gov. Kevin Stitt ignored recommendations from the White House Coronavirus Task Force to stop the spread of the virus and asked him to produce documents about guidance his administration received.

Rep. James Clyburn, D-South Carolina, chairman of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, said in a letter to Stitt that the White House task force “has apparently provided Oklahoma with private suggestions concerning public health measures designed to stop the spread of the virus, the state has not implemented many of these recommendations — and instead appears to be following the contradictory public messaging coming from the Administration.”

The House subcommittee was created in April and operates under the umbrella of the House Oversight Committee.

Clyburn’s letter references a report prepared for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, dated July 26.

“This unpublished report recommends far stronger public health measures than the White House has called for in public or than the state currently requires — including mandating face masks, closing bars and gyms, and strictly limiting gatherings,” the letter states.

According to Clyburn, the White House report says Oklahoma is in “the red zone for cases, indicating more than 100 new cases per 100,000 population last week, and the red zone for test positivity, indicating a rate above 10%.”

Stitt responded Wednesday: “Leveraging the White House’s initial methodology, OSDH (the Oklahoma State Health Department) deployed a similar version of a COVID-19 risk alert map to empower local leaders to make critical decisions based on the unique dynamics in their counties.

“The regions of concern have stepped up to implement more stringent public health policies and guidance for businesses that take into consideration population density and the data from local contact tracing efforts.

“OSDH has not identified a ‘red risk’ county based on its four gating criteria for how COVID-19 is impacting Oklahoma’s healthcare system. This is the right approach, and the State will continue to deploy transparent data, tracing and testing support, PPE, and additional resources to inform and mitigate areas of concern.”

Positive case numbers have risen dramatically in Oklahoma for the last several weeks, and hospitalizations have reached their highest levels since the pandemic began.

Stitt, who just returned to the state Capitol this week after recovering from COVID-19, has declined to impose a statewide mask mandate, though many of the state’s largest cities have imposed mandates through ordinances.

Oklahoma is not in compliance with five recommendations from the White House task force, Clyburn told Stitt, including: limits on large gatherings to 10 people or fewer in red zones and 25 people or fewer in yellow zones; the closure of bars; the reduction of indoor dining to 25% of restaurant capacity; the closure or capacity limits on gyms; and mask requirements for businesses in red and yellow zones.

“The Task Force report privately recommended that Oklahoma implement these health measures to help reverse the dangerous spike in cases across the state and to prevent unnecessary deaths,” Clyburn’s letter states.

“Failure to comply is allowing the virus to spread, prolonging and exacerbating the public health crisis facing the state. I urge you to act quickly and mandate science-based public health measures.”

The subcommittee asked Stitt for all “documents or communications regarding formal or informal guidance and public health recommendations provided by the White House Task Force to stop the spread of the coronavirus in Oklahoma; (a) detailed description of any decisions made or public health measures that were implemented or rescinded in Oklahoma as a result of any communications or guidance referenced in Request 1; and (a) detailed description of your current plans to implement additional public health measures to control the spread of the coronavirus.”

The subcommittee wants the documents by Aug. 12. Clyburn sent similar letters to the governors of Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

Clyburn wrote separately to Vice President Mike Pence and Dr. Deborah L. Birx, leaders of the White House task force, saying that the administration was sending private messages to states urging immediate action to curb the spread of the virus while downplaying the severity of the problem to the public.

"The White House’s refusal to publicly call for strong public health measures and to ensure nationwide compliance has led to an uneven patchwork of restrictions across states, counties, and cities," the letter states. "This approach is allowing the virus to spread, prolonging and exacerbating the public health crisis facing this country."

https://oklahoman.com/article/5667916/us-house-panel-says-stitt-ignored-white-house-guidance-to-stop-coronavirus-spread

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 03:38:30 pm »

Guess your question really hasn't been answered.  There aren't much in the way of guidelines/rules.  Stick with World Health Organization and you will be good.  Even though you will be doing much more than the average Okie.   And CDC is pretty much copying WHO, but it is so compromised politically, take care!

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 02:55:39 am »

Guess your question really hasn't been answered.  There aren't much in the way of guidelines/rules.  Stick with World Health Organization and you will be good.  Even though you will be doing much more than the average Okie.   And CDC is pretty much copying WHO, but it is so compromised politically, take care!

Yeah, the WHO is as pure as the slush under the horses that run through Central Park. They are controlled by big pharma and the countries that give the biggest billions to them. Follow the f...ing money that they get from Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Roche,  Novartis, Merck, AbbVie, and Sanofi. Not to mention the billions that they receive from various countries around the world including somewhere around $500 million per year from the US. Their annual budget is unlimited, and they screwed up H1N1 and Ebola just as the US screwed up those two.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:57:17 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 10:25:36 am »

Yeah, the WHO is as pure as the slush under the horses that run through Central Park. They are controlled by big pharma and the countries that give the biggest billions to them. Follow the f...ing money that they get from Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Roche,  Novartis, Merck, AbbVie, and Sanofi. Not to mention the billions that they receive from various countries around the world including somewhere around $500 million per year from the US. Their annual budget is unlimited, and they screwed up H1N1 and Ebola just as the US screwed up those two.

Yeah.  And still putting out better information than the Trump Compromised CDC.   How pathetic is that?  (No comment on that one?)

One promising note - there is now starting to be a large enough population of covid survivors that using plasma antibodies is a real thing.  And Remedesivir (sp?) is working!   Personal experience - close family went through this two weeks ago and with the transfusion and Rem, getting out of hospital tomorrow with no apparent side effects.

Now if we could just shut up the Trump Hydro Machine with their lies and Bullsh$t about malaria drug...  I know, wishful thinking that his supporters would grow a brain at this late date.

And this little tidbit - actually, there is only one truly pathetic person in this whole catastrophe, and he is the one spewing the carp.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pathetic-trump-lashes-virus-coordinator-144516672.html
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:34:11 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

rebound
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 11:07:46 am »

One promising note - there is now starting to be a large enough population of covid survivors that using plasma antibodies is a real thing.  And Remedesivir (sp?) is working!   Personal experience - close family went through this two weeks ago and with the transfusion and Rem, getting out of hospital tomorrow with no apparent side effects.

Yeah,  I tested positive for the antibodies and am now on the "let's see how often we can get him to donate plasma" list.  Smiley

Glad to be of help during all this, and am setting up my appt for a third donation soon.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 12:39:25 am »

And this little tidbit - actually, there is only one truly pathetic person in this whole catastrophe, and he is the one spewing the carp.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pathetic-trump-lashes-virus-coordinator-144516672.html

And then...

OKLAHOMA CITY -The State Department of the Health said it's now working to sell its stockpile of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine.
Medical consultant Clay Bullard secured $2 million worth of medication at the Governor’s request.

https://www.news9.com/story/5f2351d368b68811c475a72c/state-selling-hydroxycholoroquine-stockpile-

...and good for you, Rebound!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 01:59:59 pm »

And then...

OKLAHOMA CITY -The State Department of the Health said it's now working to sell its stockpile of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine.
Medical consultant Clay Bullard secured $2 million worth of medication at the Governor’s request.

https://www.news9.com/story/5f2351d368b68811c475a72c/state-selling-hydroxycholoroquine-stockpile-

...and good for you, Rebound!

Stitters are just as bad as Trumpers.  Same set of people, though, so that makes sense.

No idea who they are, but two people in OKC area contributed plasma for my family member!   Thanks so much to them and you, rebound!!!!!!!

If I get the antibodies, will do same.  Pass if forward!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org