A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:33:45 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Election  (Read 10943 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: February 28, 2020, 09:46:05 pm »

Why open primaries dont work

"Operation Chaos": an attempt by some conservatives in the state to disrupt the Democratic primary by voting in the contest, with the goal of injecting uncertainty into the party's presidential nominating process.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/politics/trump-south-carolina-rally-democratic-primary/index.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:34:56 am »

Election time!   And the voter suppression trolls are hard at work!   Of course.

This one is particularly vile and disgusting.  In addition to admitting - as in coming right out and saying what their innermost thoughts and intents are - to wanting to try to reduce the effect of brown voters, she came right out and said that she doesn't consider them to be people - human - at all!

Her quote;

"I'm concerned about voter registration in Mississippi," Gail Welch, an elections commissioner in Jones County, Mississippi wrote. "The blacks are having lots [of] events for voter registration. People in Mississippi have to get involved, too."

And no, that was not a "slip of the tongue", it was an accidental verbal vomit moment, stating her true beliefs!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outrage-mississippi-election-commissioner-complains-193132439.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:20:47 pm »

Election time!   And the voter suppression trolls are hard at work!   Of course.

Trump on minorities: "These aren't my voters"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/502563-trump-has-privately-dismissed-protesters-saying-these-arent-my-voters

Trump gave the game away. Referring to a Democratic proposal to allow more vote-by-mail, he said, “They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-2020-strategy-is-to-prevent-as-many-people-as-possible-from-voting/2020/06/14/110271d6-ace3-11ea-94d2-d7bc43b26bf9_story.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 08:01:51 pm »

Trump on minorities: "These aren't my voters"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/502563-trump-has-privately-dismissed-protesters-saying-these-arent-my-voters

Trump gave the game away. Referring to a Democratic proposal to allow more vote-by-mail, he said, “They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-2020-strategy-is-to-prevent-as-many-people-as-possible-from-voting/2020/06/14/110271d6-ace3-11ea-94d2-d7bc43b26bf9_story.html

He also feels like that Klan Fan in MS. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 09:22:25 am »

Trumps obviously using this imbecile to bleed off votes for Biden, but if he OD'd on heroin tomorrow people would still vote for him.

Kanye West files for presidential ballot in Oklahoma amid uncertainty

Rapper Kanye West has qualified to appear on the Oklahoma presidential ballot, the first state in which he met the requirements before the filing deadline, amid confusion and uncertainty around whether he is actually running for the Oval Office.

West’s representative sent in the necessary paperwork and paid the $35,000 filing fee on Wednesday, the state’s deadline to appear on the Nov. 3 presidential ballot, Oklahoma Board of Elections spokeswoman Misha Mohr told The Associated Press.

The rapper’s late entry into the race means that he has already missed the deadlines to appear on the ballots in half a dozen states.

News of the filing came shortly after Steve Kramer, an adviser who said he was hired to help West get on ballots by gathering signatures in two key states, said West was dropping his 2020 race.

However, TMZ reported that West took his first official step toward his White House bid by filing with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) on Wednesday.

TMZ reported that West filed the Statement of Organization form, which declared that the Kanye 2020 committee will serve as the "Principal Campaign Committee," with West as its candidate.

However, West has reportedly not filed the second necessary form, a Statement of Candidacy. The FEC requires that candidates show that they’ve raised or spent more than $5,000 in campaign activity before being considered a candidate under federal campaign finance law.

West previously said that he would run under a new party he is forming called The Birthday Party.

"It looks like one big mess to me," West, 43, continued. "One of the main reasons I wore the red hat as a protest to the segregation of votes in the Black community. ... Also, other than the fact that I like Trump hotels and the saxophones in the lobby."

West, who has said that he had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, told Forbes that he would run as an anti-abortion and anti-vaccine candidate, citing his religious beliefs.

West said he has never voted in his life, but if he becomes president, he plans to run the White House in the image of Wakanda, the secret fictional African country in "Black Panther."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/507612-kanye-west-files-for-presidential-ballot-in-oklahoma-amid-uncertainty
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:11:04 am by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 04:36:25 pm »

He wanted to hurt Biden by diluting the black vote, instead he crapped all over the election process.

Amid various reports that Republican and Trump-affiliated political operatives are trying to get Kanye West onto various state ballots for November’s presidential election, the billionaire rap superstar indicated, in an interview by text today, that he was in fact running to siphon votes from the presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden.

When it was pointed out that he actually can’t win in 2020—that he won’t be on enough ballots to yield 270 electoral votes, and that a write-in campaign isn’t feasible—and thus was serving as a spoiler, West replied: “I’m not going to argue with you. Jesus is King.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/08/06/exclusive-kanye-west-indicates-that-his-spoiler-campaign-is-indeed-designed-to-hurt-biden/

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 09:40:22 pm »

Given that he didn’t announce his candidacy until July, Kanye West’s presidential bid has been an uphill battle from the start. But now, his campaign is facing a brand-new hurdle to appear on ballots in November, in the form of suggestions of potential electoral fraud.

The rapper has filed petitions to appear on the presidential ticket in 10 states, but so far has only managed to secure a spot on Oklahoma’s ballot.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/08/kanye-west-2020-campaign-invalid-signatures-fraud

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 10:00:00 pm »

Given that he didn’t announce his candidacy until July, Kanye West’s presidential bid has been an uphill battle from the start. But now, his campaign is facing a brand-new hurdle to appear on ballots in November, in the form of suggestions of potential electoral fraud.

The rapper has filed petitions to appear on the presidential ticket in 10 states, but so far has only managed to secure a spot on Oklahoma’s ballot.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/08/kanye-west-2020-campaign-invalid-signatures-fraud

Trump's team is largely behind his effort to get on the ballot in various states.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 06:57:28 am »

Despite any personal or political differences, we should endeavor to show the Trump family the same amount of sympathy and respect that they showed the McCain family!

BUCKWHEAT
Tourist

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 09:05:18 am »

JUST A FEW SHORT DAYS AGO I CAME TO THIS SITE THINKING IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING  -- BUT I SEE NOW IT IS COMPLETELY INFESTED WITH HYSTERICAL  DIMWITTED LEFTIST MACAROONS  -- MY WIFE & I ESCAPED CALIFORNIA IN 2001 AFTER BEING THERE 17 YEARS  - THEN ESCAPED ABQ IN 2008
IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY ENLIGHTEN YOURSELF BEYOND YOUR CURRENT PATHETIC CONDITION - TOUR JUST LA COUNTY FOR A WEEK OR SO -- GO SEE PORTLAND  -- GO SEE SEATTLE -- WE HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS IN SEVERAL OF THOSE PLACES SCRAMBLING TO GET OUT OF THOSE HORRIBLE PLACES
GO SEE FOR YOURSELF BEFORE YOU SAY ANOTHER WORD -- GO TO PHILADELPHIA  -- AND ON AND ON AND ON
REALLY  -- GO SEE FOR YOURSELF
YOU WILL SEE FIRST HAND WHAT YOUR LIBERAL IDEOLOGY REAPS -- THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET BY ELECTING JOE & KAMOOOLA
YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT HAVE THE SLIGHTEST CLUE OF WHAT YOU ARE SCREECHING ABOUT

I'M DONE WITH THIS FORUM  -- SO SAD THAT TULSA HAS DECOMPOSED MUCH LIKE MANY OTHER PARTS OF THIS POOR NATION

AMF
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 05:59:25 pm »

JUST A FEW SHORT DAYS AGO I CAME TO THIS SITE THINKING IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING  -- BUT I SEE NOW IT IS COMPLETELY INFESTED WITH HYSTERICAL  DIMWITTED LEFTIST MACAROONS  -- MY WIFE & I ESCAPED CALIFORNIA IN 2001 AFTER BEING THERE 17 YEARS  - THEN ESCAPED ABQ IN 2008
IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY ENLIGHTEN YOURSELF BEYOND YOUR CURRENT PATHETIC CONDITION - TOUR JUST LA COUNTY FOR A WEEK OR SO -- GO SEE PORTLAND  -- GO SEE SEATTLE -- WE HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS IN SEVERAL OF THOSE PLACES SCRAMBLING TO GET OUT OF THOSE HORRIBLE PLACES
GO SEE FOR YOURSELF BEFORE YOU SAY ANOTHER WORD -- GO TO PHILADELPHIA  -- AND ON AND ON AND ON
REALLY  -- GO SEE FOR YOURSELF
YOU WILL SEE FIRST HAND WHAT YOUR LIBERAL IDEOLOGY REAPS -- THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET BY ELECTING JOE & KAMOOOLA
YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT HAVE THE SLIGHTEST CLUE OF WHAT YOU ARE SCREECHING ABOUT

I'M DONE WITH THIS FORUM  -- SO SAD THAT TULSA HAS DECOMPOSED MUCH LIKE MANY OTHER PARTS OF THIS POOR NATION

AMF

Awwww...poor little Trumpflake.   Taking it all personally when someone offers sympathy and respect in kind.

Maybe you shoulda just kept going to Mississippi...?  Except they are actually starting to spend more on education - noticeably more than OK - so they will be learning something soon.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 06:01:34 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 06:00:15 pm »

That didn't work.  Can you try another direction?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2020, 06:07:04 pm »

JUST A FEW SHORT DAYS AGO I CAME TO THIS SITE THINKING IT MIGHT BE INTERESTING  -- BUT I SEE NOW IT IS COMPLETELY INFESTED WITH HYSTERICAL  DIMWITTED LEFTIST MACAROONS  -- MY WIFE & I ESCAPED CALIFORNIA IN 2001 AFTER BEING THERE 17 YEARS  - THEN ESCAPED ABQ IN 2008
IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY ENLIGHTEN YOURSELF BEYOND YOUR CURRENT PATHETIC CONDITION - TOUR JUST LA COUNTY FOR A WEEK OR SO -- GO SEE PORTLAND  -- GO SEE SEATTLE -- WE HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS IN SEVERAL OF THOSE PLACES SCRAMBLING TO GET OUT OF THOSE HORRIBLE PLACES
GO SEE FOR YOURSELF BEFORE YOU SAY ANOTHER WORD -- GO TO PHILADELPHIA  -- AND ON AND ON AND ON

I'M DONE WITH THIS FORUM  -- SO SAD THAT TULSA HAS DECOMPOSED MUCH LIKE MANY OTHER PARTS OF THIS POOR NATION

AMF

I bet you will just love some more reality, then!

https://www.newsandguts.com/video/donald-trumps-dangerous-useless-joy-ride/

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 06:25:09 pm »

AMF

I like macaroons.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2020, 06:26:59 pm »

I like macaroons.

He doesn't understand macaroons.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org